• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aiming for a 12 but a 14 is ok

voodoo

Hi thought I'd start a diary, I had my op at Dolan Park by THG on 7/7/11. I have now lost 19lbs; ten were pre-op diet; I got into my size 18 jeans today! :)Ok I can't sit for hours in them but I went shopping, sitting in the car and ate lunch ok, but had to unfasten them whilst on the pc!:rolleyes: lol
I am trying SO hard at this, all the money spent at Slimming World, a bit at Weight Watchers (I was always hungry) and LOADS on the Cambridge Diet pales into insignificance at the £6K the band cost me/us. Our boys (one is Autistic one has ADHD) won't be going to Disneyland Florida this year like we said we'd try & take them,:sigh: so I HAVE to do it.
I DO NOT WANT TO PUT ANYONE DOWN but when I see people are regularly eating pizzas, Chinese, KFC, chips, crisps, cakes etc I fear that after this 'honeymoon' period I too may succumb to being a pig again.:confused: I had a bottle of wine last night (booze is a weakness of mine-I get SO stressed with my boys) but instead of crisps etc I had 2 skewers of satay chicken whilst hubby gorged on curry, rice and the other two chicken satay skewers. That is my booze for the week! unless I have one glass one day, lol! I've been having an all milk coffee early in the evening instead of wine and I do feel more relaxed & if I get TOTALLY stressed I've been using Bach's Rescue Remedy drops, dunno if they work or act as a plcebo but it has to be better than a bottle of wine & a binge.
I've been exercising, dumbells on arms shoulders etc and doing steps & Rosemary Conley Salsacise; just the first dance bit; and doing gardening stuff to stay active, I know this helps with stress, depression AND weight-loss! lol
Crikey....I'm going on a bit, I'd better finish off mowing the lawn and strimming the edges.
xxxxx sharon

You are doing really well already, I would love to go private, but unfortunatly do not have the funds so am having to wait on the NHS. But I just wanted to wish you Good luck for the rest of your journey.xx

You're do so well Sharon.. this isn't a short term fix...we're all in it for the long haul and changes can take time. I'm having alcohol for the first time tonight and I'm a bit stressed! But I'll relax hopefully! xx

Hehe Mrs Pill, I gave in & had a whole bottle of rose wine but I've told hubby not to get me any more until Friday. I hope you had fun 'relaxing' and didn't get too tipsy;apparently you get drunk faster with a band, though I didn't last night, just got a headache! Serves me right! lolxxxx
We are having a BBQ today, I won't be having anything, I'm thinking of oven roasting some red peppers and onions but I don't know what protein to have with it or maybe having some cauliflower cheese (my fave).
I'm feeling icky, there's been no period for over 6 weeks and I've started my HRT again, I keep feeling like it's on it's way but nothing is happening. I HATE PMT!!!! Anyway, gotta go & wipe the chairs and table & sort stuff out for the BBQ
xxxx sharon

i was wondering if u can drink with the band, as a nice bottle of wine on weekends is 1 of my weaknesses too, summin ill have to replace lol, well done o u seem to b doing really well x

Hi Joey- I was told that you can drink alcoholic drinks as long as they aren't fizzy BUT...remember that they are empty calories ie no nutritional value and also not to drink so much that you vomit! because that can upset everything.
I didn't finish my margarita on Saturday cos it was too cold and it made my band tighten up. Its funny that effect...I had a slushpuppy in the week and I couldn't drink that either.

Hope your BBQ was good Sharon xx

cool, i drink wine so that should b fine, in small doses, when i go out i drink anything n every thing, so think im gonna have to stick to 1 glass of wine 1 glass of water when i go out, i dont have to worry bout vomiting cause when iv had a drink im too selfish to part with it haha x

I feel like cr@p today, got a coldsore, that 'time of the month' feels imminent, I had ONE ice cream chocolate (3 flavours, nine to a box Morrisons £1 a box DO NOT BUY THEY ARE YUMMY) I'm SO hungry! I've had 3 pints of sf cordial, two large milky coffees and my usual meals but I could eat (or feel like I could) EVERYTHING! I also had a biscuit, I went for a second one but gave it to the dog-he needs fattening up.
I hope this goes away soon I only need 2lbs to make 1 1/2 stone off on Friday. TF I see the dietician Wednesday, hopefully he/she can offer some advice...unless someone on here can?
Joey, sounds like a plan, I don't go out much but after my first fill (15 August) we go to visit my parents at the sea-side & we go out most nights (babysitters YAY!). Let me know how you go on.
xxxxx sharon

i dont go out much but i like a bottle or 2 on the weekends so i think i gonna have to use tha plan for then too lol x

Wine,biscuits,icecream etc etc you are going to make this journey hard for yourself if you dont watch what you are consuming especiall at such an early stage.Maz x

Maz I know, I'm having major hormonal glitches, today I'm fine. I did only have ONE icecream sweet, the same size as a regular chocolate from a box and ONE biscuit! Before it would have been the whole box and packet! I had to stop HRT and though I'm back on it I'm still WEEKS late for my period, sadly I get an almost addictive craving for sweet stuff when period is due. I know, in retrospect, I should have had a low fat yoghurt or a kiwi fruit or smoothie instead but it's done now, though I will be more aware in future of PMT cravings!
xxxx sharon

I had one biscuit and one chocolate, normally sweet stuff doesn't bother me at all, try having pmt, sweet cravings are the least of it! I often feel like killing people! I chose a band because, after much research it was best for me.
Though I don't know why I'm justifying myself, I've read of people on here gorging on Chinese meals, KFC, McDonalds etc, my little "splurge" pales into comparison! I'm hormonal and not very pleasant at the moment!

hey Sharon,
dont be made to feel guilty. we all have bad days. i have hit the chocolate a couple of times. but the difference is, the old me would have eaten loads.
keep up the good work.
julie xx

Thanks Julie, I'm feeling victimised! lol PMT who b**dy needs it! Stress central!
xxxxxxx sharon

I'm feeling much better, mentally, today. I'm @ THG clinic, Nottingham waiting to see the dietician I hope she/he is pleased with my progress and will help me out with the best foods to eat now I'm on 'solids'.
xxxx sharon

Well NOT impressed with THG at all! We drove for 40 mins, waited for 40 minutes ( they were running very late) and my appointment was over in less than 10 minutes. She never looked at my food diary only said what was in my handbook and didn't seem bothered at all. Yet I was told she wanted to meet all new banders in person. I could have done it all over the phone, my poor hubby drove us all there even though he's on nights ( I can't drive) we were rather annoyed to say the least! She did tell me that ONE square of chocolate is ok occasionally as is one biscuit! I will try fruit now when I'm getting a craving as I'm OFFICIALLY on SOLIDS! Wooho!
xxxxx sharon

Well NOT impressed with THG at all! We drove for 40 mins, waited for 40 minutes ( they were running very late) and my appointment was over in less than 10 minutes. She never looked at my food diary only said what was in my handbook and didn't seem bothered at all. Yet I was told she wanted to meet all new banders in person. I could have done it all over the phone, my poor hubby drove us all there even though he's on nights ( I can't drive) we were rather annoyed to say the least! She did tell me that ONE square of chocolate is ok occasionally as is one biscuit! I will try fruit now when I'm getting a craving as I'm OFFICIALLY on SOLIDS! Wooho!
xxxxx sharon

I am with THG but I had a letter for my first dietician appointment on the phone rather than face to face. Did you have one on the phone too ... I am confused :confused:

I was told my dietician like to see her patients the first time face to face, I'd have preferred a phone one! Much less stress, petrol costs, time & kids getting bored.
xxxxx sharon

Back