• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aiming for a 12 but a 14 is ok

I'm REALLY enjoying solids, I munched through a lovely sweet apple on the way between food shops. I've stocked up on hummous (low fat) red peppers, melba toasts(wholemeal), low fat Boursin, celery and other fibrous/filling stuff.
We're off on a bike ride soon but I walk the dog as I can't ride. We usually go between 4-7 miles so that should burn the wine I had last night off. I gained a pound on Friday, hope it's period stuff coz I was on 1500-1700 calories a day. Period still hasn't arrived even though I'm getting all the symptoms; pains, feeling hot, irritation, weepiness & pyscho-ness. The sun is shining so I'd better tidy up & get going!
xxxx sharon

I am looking forward to solids too. Simple pleasures eh?! Are you monitoring your calories too? I have been. Not lost any weight this week but not too worried, as I know its because I have not been eating enough sine the op. Suppose I was a bit scared of not making the effort to loose weight after having band fitted...but put body into starvation mode. Anyway, upped my calories through extra protein over the past few days and I definitely think that will be better for me in the long run...once I start exercising more too. How many calories are you aiming for daily?

Flutter I have an ap for my phone my fitness pal it says 1500 but I do go over a bit sometimes, as I exercise/walk quite a bit. It takes your age,gender & weight into account and exercise you do and even scans barcodes!
I had Melba toast with low cal cheese spread (lowlow- very cheesy & tasty) yum! Looking forward to a Sunday dinner later, calorie counted though. I'm like you scared to eat in case I gain & prove I e wasted my/our money.
xxxx sharon

I've had a couple of crappy days, PMT (still) and feeling very hungry. Thank goodness for the fill I'm having on Monday, I honestly thought It would be easier, but at least I'm prepared and aware of what lies ahead
I've been looking at clothes online and planning my winter wardrobe, lol, to keep myself focussed on losing weight. I also bought myself a nice suede coat from EBay in a size 16 as an incentive!
xxxxx sharon

Well the fill was okay, she kept pressing my tummy which hurt :cry:and I looked away as she got needle ready, I'm scared of needles! I've not felt that much restriction though I've had a bit of food 'stuck' whilst away at my parents'. I gained some weight pre-fill, which I'm ashamed to admit, but I need to admit it, learn from my mistakes and move on.
I've been using 'my fitness pal' AP on my phone and I'm keeping to 1500 cals which is what it said I should have. I've been exercising/gardening and keeping busy, we walked MILES across the beach and sand dunes (my parents retired to Mablethorpe) and I'm hoping, NO - WORKING on losing this weight with the help of my band.
I wish I'd been more aware of the looseness I got two weeks before my fill,:confused: I honestly expected not to be as hungry as I was and I ate and ate...now I'm drinking LOTS of sf cordial and staying busy. I really hope that I get true restriction soon, as when I get my black moods food and booze are my frequent ports of call. Period is still absent and I'm making an appointment to see my doctor as this new HRT is doing NOTHING, I'm still getting hot flushes, sweats, moodswings, spots and SUPER irritability.
xxxx sharon:)

It's so easy for people to say reach for the apples! PMT really makes us want to reach for the cr@p. As you say, you had ONE, the old you would have had the pack and you didn't.

I always have concerns when alcohol is mentioned, especially with addiction transfer as a member very bravely admitted to a drink problem recently.

I can see how your life stress might need something to relax you and hope you can find something that gives you that release...

Good luck girl, you can do it and you will do it. Because it will turn your life around for the better xx

Flutter I have an ap for my phone my fitness pal it says 1500 but I do go over a bit sometimes, as I exercise/walk quite a bit. It takes your age,gender & weight into account and exercise you do and even scans barcodes!
I had Melba toast with low cal cheese spread (lowlow- very cheesy & tasty) yum! Looking forward to a Sunday dinner later, calorie counted though. I'm like you scared to eat in case I gain & prove I e wasted my/our money.
xxxx sharon

Can i just say well done on the exercise but please don't let exercise determine that you can have extra calories. I did weight watchers and they let you earn extra points to spend on extra food/drink etc but i dont see the point of exercising then eating the calories you just burned off.

Have to honestly say i am enjoying your openness and honesty in your diary and hope you continue to blog as you are! Wishing you every success xx

Julie, thanks, yes I count exercise as MORE weight off not that I can have more food, lol! fitness pal kept telling me I wasn't eating enough after logging an afternoon of cutting/clipping and digging. I'm aware of alcohol abuse, I'm trying to get 'relaxed' from exercise rather than wine or a joint, if I'm honest. I have two sons (10 & 8) with special needs, Autism & ADHD, and as they both 'look normal' everyone thinks they are naughty or ill mannered. I have drunk in the past (when they're in bed!) to relax after a really bad day but oddly I'm not missing drinks so much, I have a bottle of rose Friday or Saturday and a few drinks whilst on holiday but that is it. Thanks for your concern, I've never 'been in conrol' of eating but drink & drugs I always moderated and STOPPED once I was trying for a baby. Drugs stopped after getting pregnant years ago and well drink...weekends only anyway thanks again for your concerns.
xxxx sharon

Last edited:
I've been good and been on 1500 cals a day plus exercise, it's paid off, four pounds down since MONDAY I'm almost "legal" now from my pre-fill gain. I'm feeling more positive and that this is "do-able" until I get full restriction. My fitness pal ap is invaluable ( you'd think I had shares in it! Lol) I've even got a non-banded mate using it & she's loving it too!
xxxx sharon

Last edited:
I joined 'Curves' today, just signed up for their 6 weeks for 4 deal, I start 'properly' next Wednesday when my boys are back at school. I had my first period post op-only two months LATE!!! I've felt quite ill with it and gained...8 bloody pounds, I know it's not 'real' weight but it's rather discouraging! Curves weighed, measured and humiliated (not really, I was SO ashamed) me! lol I'm suprised the fat monitor didn't explode or something! At least this will be the heaviest/biggest I'll be!
I can't wait for more fills, there's quite a wait for them as I tried to book one a bit sooner than the scheduled one, I suppose it isn't good to be filled less than 4 weeks apart and more than the 1ml they do, especialy as I only have a 10ml band in.
Well I've stuff to do...
xx sharon

hope things get better for you hun xxx im thinking of the band! but i like a drink as well! so intreating comments above x take care hun u have come so far keep going x

Thanks Isha.xxx I was tlod as you're eating less you tolerance for booze is less, so one glass of wine might be enough to get you merry! lol You aren't allowed alcohol for 2-4 weeks before surgery or 2-4 weeks after, I did that ok and frankly I need to try 2 glasses FRiday and two Saturday rather than a whole bottle each night. After all it's empty calories! Are you going private or hoping the NHS will cover it? There's lots of people on here who are very helpful and will answer any questions you might have.
xxxx sharon

I've had a rough six week's holidays, my youngest (ADHD) has driven me to the edge of a breakdown, I can't sleep, my hair is falling out I keep losing my temper and I just feel like running away.
I'm SO pleased they are both back at school tomorrow, I know it isn't his fault but at times I HATE him, the things he does and says are awful, we've been stared at, tutted at and he's wet his pants AFTER going to the toilet minutes before! He's 8!
I start my first session at curves tomorrow! I'll have time for a quick coffee then up to the bus stop, I'm hoping this, along with doing my Sasacise dvds, will get my weight down a bit, can't wait for my next fill coz I'm hungry all the time. I bought a set of 2 Rosemary Conley Sasacise dvds weeks ago from Amazon I only did one of them til the other day. I fancied a change and it was! Fast and lots of 'wiggling' of the hips, I'm sore today, lol! It was fun and I plan to do that one again later on today.
I'm decorating our living room and landing (open plan) it is going to be a HUGE job, we're getting a new fireplace as well as carpet and changing the wallpaper. The paper is that flock stuff, not new but from the 70s! We've been here for some 16-17 years and the thought of getting it all done was SO daunting we kept putting it off! Now the carpet is threadbare so we have to sort it! (the shame! lol) Looks like all the scraping, rubbing down and painting will help firm my arms up a bit, I hope!
xxxx sharon

I hads my second fill yesterday, it HURT! The area under my bust is the thinnest part vof me and you can feel the port really easily but she was trying for AGES (or seemed like it!)She said I was still .5ml down so she put 1.5 in this time as, according to their scales, I've lost NOTHING this month. I now have 6ml in a 10ml band, I feel some restriction too...YIPPEEE!!! I had 1/2 tin of tomato soup, later the other half and beef broth, 1/2 then 1/2 plus lots of milky coffee.
Today my tummy is bad, got the 'trots' dunno if it's all the coffee or soups, tried a smooth probiotic yoghurt but it didn't want to go down. At least today is the last liquid day! I have a lovely home made shepherd's pie in my freezer & fish in sauce too, can't WAIT!
I was supposed to go to Curves today but as I have to go by bus and there's some straining/squatting involved I'm scared of 'accidents'! So I'd better go tomorrow!
xxxx sharon

I've been to Curves again, I really pushed myself this time, I'm going to mow tha lawn too, after another coffee. I had a bad couple of days, everything I ate came back up...it hurt and I felt rotten so I went back to soups & smoothies, I didn't exercise either as my tummy was sore. I feel a lot better today but I've still not eaten anything too chewy, scrambled eggs, fish pie and chilli con carne have been my foods so far.I have some lovely garlic chicken (a whole bought spit-roasted one) but I'm a bit scared to try it, it was chewing that & probably swallowing too quickly that set me off on Saturday. I HATE feeling hungry & 'forgetting' my band, gobbling food then being uncomfortable or sick. Maybe one day I'll learn!
xxx sharon

Had my third fill today and BOY DO I KNOW ABOUT IT!!! I managed half a tin of tomato soup, three all milk coffees but wanted to throw up after a spoon of lentil soup. I tried a white chocolate milkshake (Morrisons mmmmLOVELY!) but it made me feel lkie it was stuck, what's to stick? I hope it settles soon.
I'm sad that the weight isn't coming off at 1,350 cals a day, now I seem to have restriction I'm sure it will be much less, I just hope the weight comes off. I'm exercising, staying active and being 'good' WTF?! Any advice would be appreciated! The dietician told me to use a side plate, DOHH like I've done since the operation? Does she think I'm lying or something?
xxx sharon

Back