• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alcohol and bypass?

tashaliza

hi everyone,

just a quick question...... i've heard that if you have a band you cant have any alcohol for 12mths, is that right? also wanted to know if that applies to a bypass.
tasha xxx

Bypass; it depends on where you have it done. My hospital, Walsall Manor, say no alcohol for a year. Now whether people follow that directive is down to the individual...

I was never told to avoid alcohol, but i only drink in moderation these days, except when i drink heavy :D

Worth remembering that alcohol is empty calories, and wont fill you up.

Some people don't dump so I guess they can tolerate it better I guess. I haven't missed it that much to be honest and know I will never be able to drink the way I could pre-op. Which is good because that's one of the reasons I got to be as big as I was!

Some people don't dump so I guess they can tolerate it better I guess. I haven't missed it that much to be honest and know I will never be able to drink the way I could pre-op. Which is good because that's one of the reasons I got to be as big as I was!

Well i needed a beer, faced with you bunch of scarry women and the prospect of eating a dead squirrel tenderized under the wheels of the Hyundai i really needed alcohol !

if you will satnd on street corners you'll get picked up by all sorts and if you think that was scary wait til next time;);)

I cant wait - though i'll be doing the picking up, making me stand on a street corner like a hooker in the middle of some rough area in Birmingham had me in fear for my life :D ..........Anyway you bad girls led me astray ! ;)

hi everyone,

just a quick question...... i've heard that if you have a band you cant have any alcohol for 12mths, is that right?

if you have a band the only reason you have to avoid alcohol is because of the hidden calories, its a liquid and will go through. you can have alcohol as long as its not gassy, but always remember theres lots of calories in it. i had a drink not long after, 12 months from a band op is total rubbish lol
liz

Back