• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol?

Nezzy

I know this has been asked before but I'm abit confused.
I'm going to be 5 weeks post op open gastric bypass when I go on holiday, the hospital said it is 12 months before I can have alcohol but reading some posts on here some people have been having a bit of alcohol. Would I be ok to have 1 glass of wine - I know about the fact it can affect you very quickly but if I'm careful will it really do me any harm?

Thanks very confused:confused:

Anez xxx

becareful it doesn't make you dump and you will only just be on purees so it could upset your stomach and it could affect you. There was a post last week about a bypass person who had 4 beers and was admitted to hospital with alsohol poisoning.

I have the odd drink (vodka) now and again and I have suffered no ill effects but we are all differant and at the end of the day it is up to you

I agree with the advice already given. To be honest I do think that WM are being very over cautious when they advise to wait 12 months, however personally I do think 5 weeks is too early to have a drink. You will still be recovering at that stage.

If you do have a drink, make sure its nothing gassy like sparkling wine or beer, or anything with a fizzy mixer.

Back