• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol

I've had a wee bit of Rose wine over christmas.
A small half glass on 2 seperate occasions.
Just felt a little warm... ;)
I am just over 2months post bypass.

I have had a far few over the xmas period - drinks that it not slippery nipples have had bailey coffees, vodka and red bull and raspberry sambucca spritzers. I have had a couple of glasses of Jaques with the fizz beaten out of it.

I would say if you are going to have a drink try the 1st one at home as if you do have any adverse reactions its behind closed doors. As to the amount I can drink before getting tipsy depends, some days its less than others, its just knowing when to stop and have a coffee.lol

Blue Balls...coconut-flavored rum, Blue Curacao, and peach schnapps.
Thats what google says but the only thing that I recall is the blue Curacao bit and I remember it as tasting like bubble gum flavoured kids drink and very refreshing, but it IS yearrrrrrrrrrrs since I had one.
Steph xx

P.S...if you have blue balls only when its cold then buy some furry ball holders hahahahaha

My surgeon advised no alcohol for a year!! It's to do with the liver coping with the maladsorption aspect of a duodenal switch.

Had half a glass of champagne on News Years Eve - can't really cope with fizzy drinks anyway - and felt decidely squiffy!!

My advise - try at home before venturing out to see what effect it has on you lol!!

Angela

I have had a fair few drinks over Xmas, mainly wine, had a couple of Corona one night and some Jamesons and Diet Coke. It does affect me quicker than before, but I dont get any drunker once it has gone to my head, if you get my drift? Plus I recover quicker than before.

Take it easy at first though as each person seems to be different.

Cheers ;-)

I have had a fair few Vodkas over the xmas period and I drank a whole bottle of champagne on xmas day hic hic hic. Use to be a lager drinker but not had it for over 12 months. I just stick to vodka when I go out and at weekend if I aint working

I watched a program recently and apparantly baileys is the mother of them all in callories about 375cals lol. But I havnt drank for more than 10years to be honest, although I did have a couple of wines on new years eve;) a sherry glass might I add!! well 4 actualy and I was ill for 2 days after, not being sick but lathalgic and stayed in my pjs just being idle:( . Therefore I dont care if I dont have another one for another 10year Lol. Gail x
I have always liked a drink and over Christmas I had dry white wine and felt a bit woozier earlier than I normally would. I tried a Baileys but that was a big mistake, too sweet and creamy.

Is it teh same for banders ? or just bypass ? x

Back