• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol

Paula Lewis said:
Most consultants recommend you wait for a year or longer. But check with your team :)

Thanks.. Not planning a drinking binge, but it's my birthday in 3 weeks and my partner was planning to take me out for a meal.. ( I'm 8 months post bypass ) , and was just wondering if I should just be sticking to orange juice .

At NGH in Sheffield they recommend no alcohol for a year post op, but other hospitals recommend different timescales.
But as a previous poster said it can make you drunk much quicker than you're used to.
Em xxx

Becareful of the Orange Juice as some people dump on it xx

Diet fizzy drink, stirred until flat?

I went to a pub a little while ago and I order an orange juice and a bottle of water with a glass. I then poured half the orange into the spare glass and topped both up with water to be safe. Lasted me the evening. You could do the same with cranberry with some ice and a twist of lime, I use to drink that if I went out pre op and wasn't drinking. Very nice and cranberry doesn't lose much flavour being watered down :)

Back