• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol

kurstywursty

I guys. A wee question.

I am banded. I am away for a girlie weekend and will be 23 days post op. Would it be ok to have a glass or two of wine. My provider has no dietitian at present so not able to ask the question

What stage are you at eating wise?

I wouldn't personaly, its early days still and you probably aren't having many calories meaning you could get drunk very quickly. Also there's the calories in the wine to think about...........

I wasn't allowed alcohol until I was on solid food again which for me was 6 weeks post op with a sleeve. I find that I get drunk much faster now and it's also a lot of empty calories to take in. The hangover from a glass of wine is sometimes as bad as my old hangovers from 2 bottles of wine!
Just be careful if you decide to have a glass... in my early days post op I stuck to cranberry juice in social situations.

Oh I'm just moving off of purée on to soft food today. About to have my first soft meal for tea. Cook in the bag fish in butter sauce yum yum. I'm a wee bit frightened though

Oh I'm just moving off of purée on to soft food today. About to have my first soft meal for tea. Cook in the bag fish in butter sauce yum yum. I'm a wee bit frightened though
This is a great moment - I hope you enjoyed it xx.

Enjoy being able to eat again!

As for alcohol, I was told I could drink once I was back on solids.

Sam

My tea was gorgeous last night

I don't really eat processed foods bit for the soft food stage it seems an easy option

Today: nhalf a Bananna for breakfast
A weight watchers ocean pie for lunch
A yoghurt as a snack so far.

Might get another WW meal for tea

Was a bit concerned that I managed the whole WW meal though???

Its so funny how we truly appreciate solid food - I always just took it for granted before xx

Back