• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon all done and dusted

Nickynoodles

Well i am all done and dusted, didnt go quite how i expected, i woke up and had a balloon inserted :confused:
Apparently i have a large liver and even though i had lost 14 pounds in pre op 2 week diet they tried to do other surgery but couldnt..

Has anybody had a balloon? it is something i have to research more i think..

Nicky xx

Hi I have had my balloon in 6 weeks. For me all I can say is that it now offers no restriction and I am unfortunately able to eat anything in any amount and therefore have had to go on a diet!! Which as most on here will testify is what got us here in the first place the lack of self control and not being able to stick to a diet!!

Keep going though I know for me I need to lose 4-6 stone in order to have a bypass next year.

Be positive make the most of the opportunity we will beat this and be slim soon.

Hi Nicky, I was supposed to be having my op on the same day as you but cancelled (I'm now re-booking!). Did they say why your liver didn't shrink? How are you, after getting emotionally ready for the bypass. This may be the best thing ever, if you lose the weight and don't have your insides cut apart!! Keep me posted. Emx

oh no, how disappointing after all the hard work with the pre op diet, and psyching yourself for what lays ahead, what happens now you have the balloon? x

oh no, how disappointing after all the hard work with the pre op diet, and psyching yourself for what lays ahead, what happens now you have the balloon? x

goofy07 said:
Hi I have had my balloon in 6 weeks. For me all I can say is that it now offers no restriction and I am unfortunately able to eat anything in any amount and therefore have had to go on a diet!! Which as most on here will testify is what got us here in the first place the lack of self control and not being able to stick to a diet!!

Keep going though I know for me I need to lose 4-6 stone in order to have a bypass next year.

Be positive make the most of the opportunity we will beat this and be slim soon.

Hita goofy,
Is there a weight limit on having a bypass then??? Bit confused lol

think my laptop has the same disease lol, my post went on twice

Hi all

It was a shock to me when i came around, it was a bit confusing as the surgeon who operated on me wasnt the surgeon i saw the next day. So he read the report, saying i have a large liver and although they tried to do bypass they couldnt, so i am to have a balloon for 6 months to lose more weight. (i thought 14 pounds on pre op diet would have been enough but obviously not for my liver)

Luckly i have had no feelings of sickness during this 1st week of balloon and have lost 6 pounds..
It is taking a bit of getting used to the feeling of bloatedness most of the time.

I am hoping St Georges will do a bypass or sleeve at end of six months but as of yet i have no information from them. But going from Paula's post by the time i get another appointment it will be time for balloon to come out..

So i am just getting on with it and have named by balloon 'Bertie' :D

Nicky xx

Hello Bertie :D x

kirstyjade said:
Hita goofy,
Is there a weight limit on having a bypass then??? Bit confused lol

At SRH they like you to be around 280 -300 for bypass to reduce the risks don't think it has much to do with the actual operation. It's just as with any surgery the heavier you are the higher the risk.

I love that you've called your baloon Bertie! 6lb is fantastic, you might end up losing enough not to need the bypass!

Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned, but lots of luck with Bertie. :553:
Em xxxx

Well done on 6lbs its a great start. Hello Bertie please behave as this lovellylady needs your support. Good Luck xx

6 weeks on

Well getting the hang of the balloon i think ... :)
Certainly makes you very eerm 'windy' at times.
Weight loss good this week am hoping to make it down into the next stone bracket, fingers crossed.
Possibly a loss of 4 pounds which is would be a really good week as i am normally a slow loser ;)..

Am still forgetting to eat slow:(

Any hints on how you all remember ?? i only seem to after i have finished eating lol ..

Nicky xx

I still struggle, if I find food sits that I may not have chewed properly or doesn't agree with me I have to bring up. I haven't experienced dumping as yet and hope not too. x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Paula

Just looked at your weight loss, wow you are doing great, well done ..

I am gonna start some exercise next week,
swimming to start with, atleast i wont sink with a balloon in my tummy ;)

Nicky xx

Hi nicky

How much have you lost so far?

Hi Goofy

How are you ??

Since operation in august i have lost 20 pounds.
I do feel sick quite a lot with balloon.

How u getting on with it now ??
Nicky xx

Back