• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon all done and dusted

Still only lost 10 so not happy but struggling as my appetite returned and never feel full

Currently feeling sad and down and really need to get my head into diet mode and follow a restricted diet just so I lose enough to get the bypass operation

Aaaaww Goofy big hugs..

I am sorry it is not working for you..
Are you eating off a side plate and measuring out yoour portions ?? I try to stick small portions
2 oz protein, 2 small new pots or 2 tablespoons
potato and 2 tablesppons veg although sometimes
i do stick an extra spoon of veg in. I do struggle
with looking at the portion size and thinking its too
small i need more and because i dont feel full up until about 15 mins after meal, then i feel sick, i do find that a problem.
I do feel for you as its more a head thing, do you still get cravings ??? i am craving salt and vinegar chip sticks at mo, was hoping someone at work would bring some in and i can have one or two.. :)

Take care

Nicky xx

Thanks nicky

Going to try and focus after today on doing this right

I know I have slipped into my old ways no breakfast or lunch then pig out when I go home from work Need to focus will hopefully get going again

We will keep each other going

Good luck

I am a bit confused, you went for one surgery and they did something else? That worries me a little bit. I am considering the band, I will be spending a lot of money and I don't want to wake up and find out that I have a balloon. I know they told you that it is because of your liver, but still, how can they perform something that one did not ask for?

Hi Hanako

It doesnt happen often, the majority of people lose fat from the liver on the liver shrinkage pre-op diet. Unfortunatley my liver was still large and and had very low blood pressure it wasnt safe to proceed with bypass operation. so they put a balloon in to help me lose a bit more weight so i can have bypass/sleeve at later date.. I am glad they did this than to close me back up without doing anything .

I havent heard it happening much to banders and its a smaller operation.. Bypass more complicated, so am glad they was thinking of my safety.

Hope that helps a bit ..

Nicky xx

Hi Nicky,
Did you sign agreement before your operation that they can perform something else? It may not make much difference to you because they will still do bypass/sleeve later (I understand that you had it paid by NHS?), but if they did it to me, I wouldn't have enough money to try again later and I would not qualify to have it paid on NHS. Why it worries me is that as far as I am aware, the balloons don't have as high success rate as the bands, so I don't want to spend my hard earned money for something that may not work.

Hi Hanako, I am due to go for the band next month and signed a consent form. Basically the consultant told me it was to explain the risks, to give permission for students to be present although they won't be doing the op, and give him permission to video the op "should something look irregular", which he said rarely happens. There was no mention of the op being changed in any way or form, and I would be gutted if it was as I am self funding too. Bit panicky now :(
So sorry to hear your news Nicky, :grouphug:
I hope it all goes well with the balloon and you get the 2nd op very soon. You should be so proud of what you have achieved already!!! Good luck on your journey x

Back