• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done but in so much pain

clar01

Hi guys

Had my bypass on Thurs morning but am still in hospital as I'm not managing the pain very well.

I have a terrible pain in my left hand side when I stand and move but I'm comfortable when I'm lying down or just sitting.

Got a two hour journey home tomorrow and panicking about it. Surgeon has said its where they have tied the stitches tight around a muscle.

Anyone else had this?

Xxx

Hi Clar01! Good to hear that you have had your bypass. Sorry that you are feeling such pain. I must admit I didn't experience pain such as you are talking about, I just had a lot of wind pain more than anything else, but I was in hospital also for 5 days, so can sympathise there. They sent me home with Oral Morphine for the pain, so maybe you should ask for some strong pain medication to help you through it. Hope your journey home goes well for you tomorrow xx

Sorry to hear that. I had my wrap late on Friday, felt brill on saturday morning and was let home after lunch. Must say though I felt terrible on the drive home as the trapped wind was really making itself known! Although like you I only feel pain on my left side from the stitches when i move around, sat I don't feel a thing!
I tried to sleep as much as possible on the drive! Hope you are OK x

Glad everything went ok. I understand where you are coming from as I was one of the few that had a lot of pain. Mine was due to having a small abdominal cavity so the surgery took 6 hours. When I came round I felt like I'd been run over but I promise it does get better, and quite quickly once you get home. The hospital should give you something like codeine and paracetamol to take home. If you take them as prescribed they should take the edge off but if you are still struggling you can ask your GP to prescribe oramoph. Although you might find you don't need it once you are home and settled. The drive home is uncomfortable but try to sleep as much as possible. I did that and found it not too bad. I'm sure you will be feeling much better soon x

Hi Clar01

Sorry you are in pain but it will pass....I had to sleep in a chair for 2 weeks following my op as i could not bare to be laid down. All i can advise is that u find a position comfortable for you and stick with it.....also make sure you walk around quite a bit trying to keep your back straight, easier said than done i know xxxx

Thanks guys.

Tramadol is really helping with the pain but is spacing me out so not sure how long I can take it!

I'm much better than yesterday, just need to figure out the liquid stage now as I seem to dump on Milkshakes (hospital one and nas crusha)

glad you are getting some pain relief. Maybe stick to clear soups and NAS squash, and tea and coffee for the liquid stage if milkshakes don't agree with you. Maybe invest in some protein powder and make your own shakes up with that?

Thanks guys.

Tramadol is really helping with the pain but is spacing me out so not sure how long I can take it!

I'm much better than yesterday, just need to figure out the liquid stage now as I seem to dump on Milkshakes (hospital one and nas crusha)

Good to hear that you are feeling much better than yesterday.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Pleased to hear ur feeling a little better. I agree with everyone else, as soon as u get home your recovery will be quicker. I also had a bad time in hospital with pain but move around as much as possible. You can do this more when you are at home as u can potter around the house, u can't really do that in hospital. Hope you are feeling a lot better soon xxx

I'm 2 weeks post op and my pain has gone almost completely now, just a bit ore if I bend over too far.
The pain really does get better and of course the compliments you'll be getting make you realise it was all worth it :)

Back