• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All paid up!

Sparkle-k

This is so real now!

I just paid the remaining balance for my band. That's me £6000 lighter, all my savings are gone....It will all be worth it when I'm 6 stone lighter!! :)

My surgery is Sunday!!! aaagggghhhhh I cant believe its really so soon now.

I'm guessing I'm going through normal feelings of....'what the hell am I doing', 'why cant i just lose weight the conventional way' etc etc.

Off to buy some slippers for hospital at lunch time... This time next week it will be done!!

x

What you are feeling is perfectly normal hun. Just focus on next week when it is all done and dusted and you are home again recovering and starting to lose weight. Best of luck. I will be thinking about you and wishing you well :)

how exciting for you! woohoo, good luck with it all :) x

It is really exciting now. It's so close!

I think my biggest concern about the whole thing is....How will I sleep after the op with laying on my belly!!! lol. I always lay on my front to nod off and with the wounds Im guessing I wont be able to for a while. What a funny thing to worry about!!

I know that feeling sparkle...as soon as I checked my bank account and it was 6k lighter it was the point of no return lol, but I've been thru all the same emotions...! I'm under the knife tomorrow so let's see if I can make this work...I'd like to get 6 stone off but still seems unbelievable at this stage. I'm sure with perseverance we can do it!! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck Hun u will soon be on the losers bench hope u have a fast pain free recovery ;) xx

Good luck! If I'd of had the money I would have done it years ago - but I eventually got it together and now, 9 months out and 9 stone down, it's the best feeling in the world! Here's hoping you a speedy recovery xx

Sparkle-k said:
Good luck for tomorrow JO28172, 6 stone you can do it! It will make that £6k worth it :) I hope all goes ok for you xx

Thanks Hun x

Hey Kateyloo, wow 9 stone....that's amazing!!! You must feel so good now. Well done!!
you had the same surgeon as I'm having x

You are in great hands Sparkle :) - Mr El-Hasani doesn't have a great bedside manner but his work is second to none! Which hospital are you going to be at? Good luck - not long now xxx

PS - I do feel pretty amazing!! :d

As long as he does a good job I'll be happy :) my op is at chelsefield in Kent.

Went m&s after work to buy new pj's and slippers. I'm ready now haha x

I was at Chelsfield too :) - the nurses there are so lovely - I gather you've probably already met Sheila and Candy? And if you get Aichun as your day nurse you are in for a special treat - she is great fun! :) xx

I had mine a week before but I had a bypass - you're having a band aren't you? Not sure if it is different.... either way you are in fab hands and I may even see you around the hospital because I need to book a weigh in xx

my other half is going into chelsfield on the 16th for a bypass too ................she is staying in st mary cray the night before her op (going down by train from bedford) i'll be picking her up on tuesday all being well

Back