• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All you have to do is stop eating!!!

Paula Lewis said:
1) nope, no catheter. This was one of my worries. I asked the nurse before going down and she says they don't catheterise people at Derby.
2) No drains. No tubes up nose or down to stomach. Just 5 little neat scars :)
3) The worst pain after surgery is the pain from the gas they use to puff you out during the surgery. I'm not gonna lie to you, it is painful. But if you walk and do your breathing exercises every 2hours, it's gone in no time. Plus they give you excellent pain relief.
4) Going to the toilet and wiping is awkward more than painful. You do feel a little sore, and again there are people there to help you if you need it.
5) I was in for three days. Only because my heartbeat was fast and my blood pressure was low. Usual stay is two days. I cannot say enough how excellent the nursing care is at Derby. Everybody who works on that ward is absolutely brilliant.

If you think of anything else, ask away xx

Thanks paula you've made me feel alot better about the whole thing my main worry were the catheter tubes and drains so that will be anazing if i dont have to have them :) if i think of any more questions ( which im sure there will be plenty) lol, i'll let you know
Thanks again x

I really know how you feel. I've lost my initial 5% but can't get into the routine of 1000 calories up until the surgery - feeling low due to some family issues and that's all it takes. I wish I could control my portion sizes etc but once the hunger strikes there's no stopping it - my brain just shuts down and lets me get on with it. The operation will bring me new hopes and a new life. I'm so glad to be given this chance.

kirstyjade said:
Thanks paula you've made me feel alot better about the whole thing my main worry were the catheter tubes and drains so that will be anazing if i dont have to have them :) if i think of any more questions ( which im sure there will be plenty) lol, i'll let you know
Thanks again x

Your very welcome Kirsty. I'm here for you when you need me :)

Back