• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant stop eating junk

lisad

Hi Lisa here again.

I seem to be eating more than ever this week. I know this is mad. I want to be thin - I have forever. But after seeing my GP last week, - getting my preliminary appointment date with doctor Sommers I am wanting all kinds of foods I really should not be eating.

My GP has told me to follow a low gi type diet as this is what I should be eating after the operation. But I am wanting chocolate. It is maddening.

I have heard from others post op and really took inboard the need to be mindful afterward and not eat hi sugar items but I am worried that if I can't curb my appetite now. Will I be able to after my operation?
If anyone has experienced this could they let me know what I should do please.

Thanks. Lisa

I feel exactly the same. I have my appointment to see the surgeon in 2 weeks and I've gained 5lbs, they will kick me back if I haven't lost but even now I am sitting here thinking about food and last nigt I ate a big bag of wine gums and a packet of love hearts. I feel like a crazy munch monster and I can't stop.

If you havent already get a referral for weight management,or a diets dont work type of course through your gp.It may help keep you focused.It doesnt go away,even 6 months out I am finding it hard still to keep on the straight and narrow!We have to be on our toes at all times.Maz x

I had five months between meeting my surgeon and the actual op and am sorry to say I put on nearly a stone. Eating all the wrong things, and packing in as many 'lasts' as I could before I started the actual operation journey. I was buying things I don't normally buy just to have my 'last'

Some are as good as gold and loose weight, and some, like me, go the opposite, and eat for England. We all deal differently with the thought of the 'loss' food will be to us.

Two weeks post op and I have just started having head hunger, but not for the things I shouldn't have. I am craving real food, food with substance and texture. I hope I don't crave other things but only time will tell.

Good luck with your journey and it is YOUR journey, we are all different. But this forum is a godsend to voicing concerns and asking questions.

Normally your WLS team will need you to get to at least the weight you were at when you were refereed to them, if you have gained weight since then you WILL be expected to lose it.
In addition they will have your personal safety in mind and the need for you to lose some additional weight and then once you get a date for your operation you will need to do some kind of liver reduction diet this varies a lot with different surgeons but will be a very low carb diet for at least two weeks.
All the about is only my personal experience and may alter a little with different hospitals.
None of the above will be easy I have struggled every day, my main intensive has been to do what my WLS team ask me to do as they have the power to day yes or no to your surgery you have to be strong and remember how great your life could be after your procedure and how bad you would feel if after waiting so long they say no as you have not lost a few pounds.
Good luck everyone and please be strong for yourself and your family.

BigDave

I should add I lost that extra stone and a bit while on the liver reducing diet, so technically was not heavier than when I first met the surgeon BUT it would have been better not to have put it on and still lost the stone on the milk diet, so I then would have been two stone down.

I must be honest I had been very good since I decided to have the op ( I'm going private) back in May and had been eating little and often, sensibly and leaving food on the plate when I felt I'd had enough :)

However this week I have been eating all sorts of daft things and justifying it with the "its my last chance" chant!! I wouldn't mind too much but if I'm honest I haven't really enjoyed them as much as I thought I would.

Roll on next Tues and I'll start my liver reducing diet and stop all this nonsense.

Good luck with your WLS, only you can make the changes you need to, to complete this journey

Good luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back