• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alpro soy chocolate desserts??

flossypants

I am 16days post op & wondered has anyone tried & succeeded with Alpro soy desserts (chocolate ones) Also I am looking ahead for my purée stage next week and wanted some ideas as struggling to think beyond mass & purée fish/chicken? Can I eat scrambled eggs or just egg whites?

Made me dump and I'm 2.5 years out so probably would advise you not to risk it.

I dont like recommending soya to anyone unless they have to.. It can have some serious hormonal affects.

I am 16days post op & wondered has anyone tried & succeeded with Alpro soy desserts (chocolate ones) Also I am looking ahead for my purée stage next week and wanted some ideas as struggling to think beyond mass & purée fish/chicken? Can I eat scrambled eggs or just egg whites?

I'm 16 days post op too and thinking of ideas for soft food stage next week, how much have you lost so far? How you feeling x

Like all foods post bypass, you need to check the sugar % which should be 5% or less ideally (everyone has a different dumping threshhold which you will learn over time - it is likely that in time you will be able to tolerate a higher %). This is in the column per 100g (not the other). Scrambled egg was a staple of mine from about week 4, along with 'loose' mashed potato. Now you can have Heinz tomato soup - the one with chilli I remember was good. And well soaked Weetabix ...

Just editing to add - Alpro Smooth Chocolate Dessert is 10.5% sugar and 1.9% fat. The dark choc is higher. For comparison - Activia 0% Fat Free yoghurt (Strawberry) is 8.8% sugar (the normal version of Strawberry is 13.3% sugar and 3.3% fat). And out of interest, the WW choc dessert is 18.4% sugar. Shocking!

xxx

Last edited:
Like all foods post bypass, you need to check the sugar % which should be 5% or less ideally (everyone has a different dumping threshhold which you will learn over time - it is likely that in time you will be able to tolerate a higher %). This is in the column per 100g (not the other). Scrambled egg was a staple of mine from about week 4, along with 'loose' mashed potato. Now you can have Heinz tomato soup - the one with chilli I remember was good. And well soaked Weetabix ... Just editing to add - Alpro Smooth Chocolate Dessert is 10.5% sugar and 1.9% fat. The dark choc is higher. For comparison - Activia 0% Fat Free yoghurt (Strawberry) is 8.8% sugar (the normal version of Strawberry is 13.3% sugar and 3.3% fat). And out of interest, the WW choc dessert is 18.4% sugar. Shocking! xxx
Thank you I will bear it in mind & your right about WW shocking!!

Wow that's terrible ref WW yogurts and many also that I've been reading in supermarkets that say 0% fat or 'low fat' that have such high sugars-obviously to add some kind of flavour but a good tip I'm considering is having plain/natural or Greek yogurts then blending a few strawberries, raspberries or what ever fruit you like up and layering that on the top instead to make it healthier. X

Back