• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purree stage !!!

Shazand60

I all. This is my first thread on here but I have been reading everyones advise for weeks.

I had my sleeve done 3 weeks ago and I am struggling with the puree stage! I had mashed potato, puréed chicken and broccoli with loads of gravy. I had it for three times, but the third time left me in pain?.

So last night I tried scrambled egg and a small amount of tuna mayo and again it hurt.

What should I do? Any suggestions on meal ideas for evening meals?

newcy

:welcome:

I'm pre-op so can't give advice I'm afraid. I'm waiting for a sleeve at Sunderland - where are you from? X

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Yogurts, fromage , mini milk ice lollies, fish pie, slow cooked casseroles, soups etc
This stage doesn't last long but it gets so boring. Good luck huni x

millyrhys

I'm 2 weeks 2 days out my dietician told me no eggs on this stage but that I could have crisp breads which I've had with garlic and herb Philly on or choc Philly or low fat liver pate mash and veg with gravy puréed beans and mash with garlic and herb Philly soup dairy lea triangles I too am bored now lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

suzie290304

Hi I'm now 9 weeks post op and managing well but do know about this pain when eating, most of us who have had a sleeve get a pain when eating. Have you seen the thread about what have the sleeves had today, it might give you some tips and pointers with other food. On the pureed stage i found most of my protein came from cheese as I didn't think meat pureed good, so had cheesie mash. Scrambled egg was still a no go and crackers as that's on soft stage not pureed on our post diet sheet. It does get easier and even a few weeks makes all the difference. X x x

flowerofshona

Im day 16 post sleeve and had pain a few times last week, it was when i ate to fast, now me and "sid" have got used to the speed and amount we are flying along, beans, peas tinned mince beef, cheese, weetabix, but im not drinkng 1/2 hour before and 1 hour after a meal.
Try slowing down and use a teaspoon to eat with, hope t settles soon hun xx

millyrhys

I've jut had the insides of two of them cheap fish cakes was a bout a spoonful (don't like any others lol) -and a spoon ful of puréed beans ..... My dietician said I could have cracker reads as they go down to liquid

Shazand60

Thanks everyone, got some great ideas. Especially the fish pie and crisp breads. I will look at the sleevies thread for more ideas.
It just helps when you have others to talk to and make you feel normal lol.

millyrhys

noooo crisp breads till stage two I was eating them she said I won't have done any damage but wait anothe week before I eat them I herd her wrong when she said I could have them she meant next stage so sorry

Shazand60

Well my sleeve does not like pasta Bol! Had it puréed for tea and felt rough all evening. On the plus side it loves fish pie!

Gonna try potato hash tomorrow, so wish me luck!