• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i being naughty?? :)

Be-a-Butterfly

I've been made aware by my surgeons secretary that i would have had my surgery date in the next 3 weeks but due to soooo many bank holidays coming up itll probably be a little longer than expected, which i'm absoloutly fine with i'm just so releived that anythings happening at all, but .... since seeing my surgeon at the end of december ive put on 9 pounds, i wanted to get a head start on the pre op diet to loose this excess weight before i start it properly to loose water retention etc. I was just wondering if it was dangerous for me to do so, i would only do it for a week or two i just dont want to start it when im told and only lose the 9 pounds ive put on and go to see my surgeon at exactly the same weight.... i hope people can make sense of this haha, any advice or info or experience even would be much appreciated thanks guys :D

xx

I did my pre-op diet for three and a half weeks instead of two as I didn't see the point of waiting to start once I'd been given the diet sheet. But it was a low-cal one so I was still eating proper food including a small meal once a day. Not sure how long you can actually do some of the pre-op diets for ? Do you know what diet your provider asks you to do ?

Hi RoseA, yea i already have the sheet i was given it at my first consultation with Mr Ammori, its the low in fat, low in sugar and low in carbs one x

That ones ok!

Its only OK if you can actually stick to it. Remember its a killer diet to try to follow even for two weeks. If you get close to your op date and then find you cannot hold out any longer and binge or eat crap the toxins might just swell your liver.

Its a small risk but it's there. If you can actually stick to it for three weeks or maybe even four then OK. But just be careful about putting yourself through this. If you're diabetic then you need to talk this through with your surgical team as it might drop your sugar too low.

Good luck let us know how you're getting on xxx

Back