• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i doing things right PLEASE HELP!!!1

sammyc

IM 9 DAYS POST OPP AND THIS IS WHAT IM HAVING EVERYDAY IS IT OK IM NOT SURE IF IM DOING IT RIGHT OR NOT PLEASE HELP

WAKE UP-SMALL COFFEE
1PM-HOMEMADE VEG SOUP
(carrots broci swede colli pasnips leek small pot 4 oxo cubes)
3PM SMALL GLASS OF MILK
6PM-HOMEMADE VEG SOUP
9PM-MUG OF WARM MILK

IS THIS ENOUGH IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE HAVING IM NOT HUNGRY AT ALL SO IM MAKING MYSELF HAVE THIS
THINK I NEED SOME HELP

Sounds fine to me hun x

Are you having water or juice to x

MAYBE ONE GLASS OF NO ADDED SUGAR JUCIE :sigh:

NEVER HAVE DRUNK VERY MUCH UNLESS IT WAS WINE LOL
lol bless, you really need to get fluids in u honey x

Your probably gonna find this impossible but try to get as near to 2 litres as you can!! I still find it hard to drink loads and if im busy at work and forget i get a raging headache when i get home, dehydration makes you feel like crap. Your menu sounds about right for 9 days out though. :)
Kim

yeah dont glug, just keep a bottle near you all the time and sip sip sip. Also try sucking sugar free ice lollies, good luck sweet :) xxx

NAS crusha added to milk, milky coffee. These will add protein as well as fluids. Otherwise you are doing fine.

Julie xx

Sammy you really need to up your fluids... sip little and often..it is hard the first few weeks... but definately gets a lot easier.
Everyone has heard this from me before but i am gonna mention it... i got dehydration 2 weeks post op... i was really poorly...this resulted in me having a hospital stay in the hospital i had my op... which is not local to me.. and it caused a very horrible bladder infection... i was poorly for 3 weeks and i had to have 5 different types of antibiotic... im sorry if im going on i dont mean to nag.. but i was told that this was a complication of the op if you dont drink enough.... you need to have at least 1 litre a day but try and aim for 2 litres xx

Sammy you really need to up your fluids... sip little and often..it is hard the first few weeks... but definately gets a lot easier.
Everyone has heard this from me before but i am gonna mention it... i got dehydration 2 weeks post op... i was really poorly...this resulted in me having a hospital stay in the hospital i had my op... which is not local to me.. and it caused a very horrible bladder infection... i was poorly for 3 weeks and i had to have 5 different types of antibiotic... im sorry if im going on i dont mean to nag.. but i was told that this was a complication of the op if you dont drink enough.... you need to have at least 1 litre a day but try and aim for 2 litres xx

oh god i will try really hard today just dont feel like havinf anything ive got a lot of pain in my belly today and not sure what it is so really dont fancy anything its 1pm now and all ive had is a small cup of tea i know i need to be having more

Cut the oxos they are full of salt and will dehydrate you,up fluids as suggested and perhaps eat more.

Instead of oxo, have a 'hot pop' NAS juice made with hot water also, like someone else has said, sugar free lollies or ice pops. You really need to have more fluids hun.xxx

Maybe add some marvel or milk to your soups to up the protein too. I second the advice about fluids. Check the colour of your wee; if it's dark, you're dehydrated.

you really must drink and if you don't mind me asking why is it 1pm before you eat anything ? even a fat free yoghurt or half of one will help protein but drink drink drink and then drink again xx take care

IM 9 DAYS POST OPP AND THIS IS WHAT IM HAVING EVERYDAY IS IT OK IM NOT SURE IF IM DOING IT RIGHT OR NOT PLEASE HELP

WAKE UP-SMALL COFFEE
1PM-HOMEMADE VEG SOUP
(carrots broci swede colli pasnips leek small pot 4 oxo cubes)
3PM SMALL GLASS OF MILK
6PM-HOMEMADE VEG SOUP
9PM-MUG OF WARM MILK

IS THIS ENOUGH IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE HAVING IM NOT HUNGRY AT ALL SO IM MAKING MYSELF HAVE THIS
THINK I NEED SOME HELP

I did reply to your post on the other thread hun

Sounds like you're not having any food until 1pm? That's too late. I'd have some Greek yoghurt chewed really well for breakfast or milk you could even have a slim-fast or protein shake.

Other than that it looks OK as long as the veg in the soups is mashed to liquid rather than lumpy. Milk is your friend as you seem to be getting it down OK and it's a good source of protein too

Cut the oxos they are full of salt and will dehydrate you,up fluids as suggested and perhaps eat more.

what can i put into my soup instead of oxo then i looked at other stock cubes and there higher in salt thats why i did oxo cant belive i was doing it wrong

One Oxo a day is not going to harm you honey worry not, especially if you don't add further salt to the soup. The liquid stage is only a couple of weeks and trust me as long as you are properly hydrated it's really difficult to do it wrong during this short time.

Don't stress, the very fact that you are so keen to get it right tells me you're going to be just fine at this lark, and there are lots of people who can help with food choices when you get back to the eating with your teeth bit

One Oxo a day is not going to harm you honey worry not, especially if you don't add further salt to the soup. The liquid stage is only a couple of weeks and trust me as long as you are properly hydrated it's really difficult to do it wrong during this short time.

Don't stress, the very fact that you are so keen to get it right tells me you're going to be just fine at this lark, and there are lots of people who can help with food choices when you get back to the eating with your teeth bit

i put 4 oxo cubes into a big big stew pot with all my veg and boil it up the soup last me 3 days and i give loads to the old people down my street too so dont think im having that much of them really

Back