• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I eating the right foods to make my band work for me?

trine57

I am worried that the foods I am eating are not right to fill my pouch. Since my first band fill I haven't felt restriction so have booked another band fill for 4th October.
Typical day:
  • Breakfast - muesli soaked in small amount of natural yoghurt.
  • Lunch - meat, fish or chicken with salad and cous cous or 2 ryvita
  • Evening meal - chicken/salmon/tuna with veggies and either pasta/couscous/new potatoes.
I drink about 2-3 litres of fluid - water tea coffee or Sugar free squash. Stop drinking 15mins before eating and wait 1 hour after food before drinking again.

I don't feel full at any point and my weight has remained the same really for at least two weeks.
Any ideas!!!!! :eek:

It looks like a good balanced diet to me..I don't know if I can help but I use cal counting and exercise at least 45 mins a day , that's the only way my weight has shifted. My band is pretty full so it's not really enough for me personally to rely on restriction alone. I think up your exercise and see how many cals you are having roughly a day...you might not be having enough hence body hanging on to weight through starvation mode?
Ask your team is the best advice I can give really, we are all different...make a note of everything you eat/drink and your activity for a week and get the professionals to look at it so they can assist you personally or advise a fill etc. Good luck x Also I would add that 2 weeks without a loss is not that long..sometimes our bodies need a moment to adjust before we lose more weight...if it was a couple months I would be more worried.

It looks like a good balanced diet to me..I don't know if I can help but I use cal counting and exercise at least 45 mins a day , that's the only way my weight has shifted. My band is pretty full so it's not really enough for me personally to rely on restriction alone. I think up your exercise and see how many cals you are having roughly a day...you might not be having enough hence body hanging on to weight through starvation mode?

Ask your team is the best advice I can give really, we are all different...make a note of everything you eat/drink and your activity for a week and get the professionals to look at it so they can assist you personally or advise a fill etc. Good luck x Also I would add that 2 weeks without a loss is not that long..sometimes our bodies need a moment to adjust before we lose more weight...if it was a couple months I would be more worried.
Thanks for that Neen.
I go to the gym 3 x week and swim as well. Am keeping a food diary so will be taking with me next time I see the dietitian on 4th Oct when i have my second band fill.

Back