• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Harder foods

WilliamK

I had my 2nd fill on thursday and watched the 2 pulses and then the food drop into the stomach. I could see the pouch and the restriction.

YET today after my liquid diet(3days) i still have no evening restriction. I dont eat much for breaky or lunch as i felt full myself without indication from the band. Teatime though i find i can still eat anything and not feel the brain tapping me to say thats enough.

I eat jacket potatoe with any filling and can still eat a full one but i stop myself at 3/4 of it. I can eat bannana's, fruit, tuna steaks, salmon steaks, salads bolognaise etc.

The onlytime i felt restriction brain tapping was on pasta. So i am wondering if its only certain foods that will give me it?

my Fills went:-

29mil to 25mils(no restriction)
25mil to 20.5mils(no restriction)

Surg says that i can go down to 18mils if needed but i dont want to if its just down to the food types i am eating?

Dont get me wrong i am eating healthy and stopping myself before i over eat but it dissapoints me that at present i am just loosing the weight myself without the interaction from the band i was expecting?

Hi William

Ive just had the 1 fill but was banded on 25th April. I returned to normal foods yesterday after 3 days on liquids and 3 on sloppies.

I can eat a whole jacket potato as well (at lunch) but I avoid the skin, I have tuna with mine and it keeps me full til the evening.

How much more do you think you could eat? I prefer to eat, then stop when you feel the restriction ie the band working for you. However the last thing you want is to vomit!

I have 3 mils in a 9 mil band and can also eat banana's and everything else you mention.

Good luck

Maz

I had my first fill last Thursday at the same time as port correction op...I had 2ml put in when banded on 25/5/09 and another 2.5ml in on 16/7/09 so have 4.5 ml in a 10ml band.

I was told to stay on liquids till today, so tried half a weetabix with lots of milk for breakfast and couldn't even get a spoonful down...tried a boil in the bag fish in sauce mushed up at lunch time and only got about a third of that down but felt every little bit go down...it was quite uncomfortable.

I can't imagine being on solids again :(

everyone's different and after reading previous threads on fills was amazed at how much fill some other banders needed to get a restriction....maybe you just need that little more fine tuning to get to that elusive 'sweet spot' ?

good luck.

Will, I have a few comments and questions, I hope they make sense...:)

I had my 2nd fill on thursday and watched the 2 pulses and then the food drop into the stomach. I could see the pouch and the restriction.

YET today after my liquid diet(3days) i still have no evening restriction. I dont eat much for breaky or lunch as i felt full myself without indication from the band. Teatime though i find i can still eat anything and not feel the brain tapping me to say thats enough.

I eat jacket potatoe with any filling and can still eat a full one but i stop myself at 3/4 of it. I can eat bannana's, fruit, tuna steaks, salmon steaks, salads bolognaise etc.

The onlytime i felt restriction brain tapping was on pasta. So i am wondering if its only certain foods that will give me it?

my Fills went:-

29mil to 25mils(no restriction)
25mil to 20.5mils(no restriction)

Surg says that i can go down to 18mils if needed but i dont want to if its just down to the food types i am eating?

Will, I don't understand these measurements as most banders work with upward increments of between 1-14mils (as most bands are this size)

It makes it sound like you are being defilled not filled.

Dont get me wrong i am eating healthy and stopping myself before i over eat but it dissapoints me that at present i am just loosing the weight myself without the interaction from the band i was expecting?

The band does not stop you feeling hungry. And until the best restriction is reached, usually after 3-4 fills, then the band will only remind you IF you have eaten too much or eaten too quickly.

The band only does 30 percent of the work, YOU will have to do the other 70. This is no magic wand, it's a hard journey, with many ups and downs.

But you are doing great, so don't get down, just keep thinking BIG PICTURE...ie, in 2-3 years time, when all this struggle will be a distant memory :D;)

hi

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, think i got to bulk the food up a little. Just had some Salmon, salad and found with a little potatoe i felt pleasantly full(had tapping in head enough). Think i will start adding in a bit more of the bulkier foods like pasta etc when i have eaten the proteins and the good stuff.

Ref the band i dont have fluid in my band its telemetric band. Its 29mils at max setting. So i was just advising that i have had done so far. I can go down from 20.5 to 15mils if needed so have plenty to go yet. Think its more adjusting things myself though.

Hey liz,

Yep thats the one exactly.

Back