• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I eating too much

Bethany

Hi,
I am nearly 11 months post op. I have had problems in the past with reflux but the Lansoprazole has helped enormously. The reason for the post is in the last few days I have been able to eat more. I am getting worried that I have stretched my pouch. I can now eat 2 Weetabix in the morning instead of 1, and for lunch a WHOLE can of soup instead of half, and for tea I can now eat 4 scampi and a potato croquette instead of 3 scampi and the croquette or nearly a whole weight watchers meal.
I still don't feel hungry and if my husband wasn't in the house to remind me it is lunch, dinner etc. I could forget to eat but I am finding I can nibble between meals with a mince pie.
I have also stopped drinking Pepsi Max, I did try to leave it until it got flat but I have been putting lots of ice cubes in to try and take the fizz out. My dietitian ages ago said not to drink too much because it could stretch my pouch. I have now lost 10 stone 4lbs and don't want to start messing up.
Help please. Thank You Bethany:confused:

Hi
You've lost over 10 stone:eek::eek:..You can't be doing to much wrong!:)

I'm also 11 months post sleeve and I to have found I can eat more than I could. I think this is bound to happen we can expect to go on living on tiny portions. Keep an eye on ur losses if they stall then worry hun. Nice to see someone same amount of time out as me. Sorry I haven't been much help lol. Oh and 10 stone is totally amazing!!! Well done xx

Have you tried your portions with proper high protein food like chicken? Weetabix and soup are sliders.

Hi
Im 12 months out and had my dietician appointment last month. He told me that my sleeve will be able to accept more food and this is normal, but i must always remember to never skip meals and any snacking should be dense protein. He told me to always have cooked chicken, ham, roast beef slices, prawns etc in my fridge and always reach for those first.
He said this is where my willpower has to come into play as the first year is a given with the weight loss! I have taken his advice very seriously and since that meeting i have filled my fridge with these foods at all times. He also said that at about 18 months out a lot of people gain some weight back but then go on to lose it again? i cant remember the explanation why, my memory is crap!!
I can deffo eat more now, so begins the hard work:eek:

I am more than a year post op and can also eat more than I used to; that's normal. But it's true; if I eat dense protein the portion size of what I can manage, goes down enormously so try and stick to that for snacking too!

Back