• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I mental?

CharChar

OK so I'm 5 days post op. Doing pretty well, but I can't stop thinking about food!!
I have NO hunger pains what so ever and still I think of food.
What's wrong with me????

Charlotte

Argh the dreaded head hunger, i had a bad case of it as well. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and all i can tell you is it will pass, its your head trying to get round the fact that your not eating like you used to. It gets better as you move on to the next stages.
Kim

If you are anything like me you have probably spent your whole life thinking about food, planning diets, planning meals, planning treats, breaking diets etc etc. And in the run up to your op you were concentrating on your intake for pre-op - so all in all it's hardly surprising, think about it as a habit. I think it was Karlos in another post who said that we have surgery on our stomachs not our heads so what went on in them before will carry on!

It's all about breaking the habit I guess;)

I was the same last week Char. It scared me how food has a grip on me. I had some mini milk popsicles and it helped to suck the cold milk. But like others said it passed. I an now cooking for the family and don't even want any. And believe me that is a miracle for me.

Hope the head hunger soon passes cos you will feel such better then.

this is the reason for the op, we want the food, we cant have it :) the cycle will break soon honey, good luck :) xxx

hope it passes soon x

It never passes, or it hasn't for me! I am always thinking ahead to the next meal. I read your post carefully and you didn't say you wanted to eat just that you were thinking about food....

Food is our one true love who never fails us, you will stop thinking about it so much, i promise. But i don't think you'll ever fall out of love with it xx

OK so I'm not crazy, or I'm just crazy about food!
yes I was always planning my next meal, next diet, next cheating on diet blah blah blah. ...
It's amazing how powerful our thoughts are, I'm gonna be OK.
U guys seriously r the best!!!!
This is surely NOT the easy way out as, "some people" tell us.

Charlotte

it does get easier... about week3 or 4 i couldnt even stand cooking formy daughter as i wanted what she had... but im well over that now and i cook her what she wants and i look forward to having what i have xxx

Back