• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head hunger

pinkprincess77

I started my pre op milk diet yesterday which was ok but today I'm really struggling. I am not physically hungry but in my head I am. I don't feel hungry what so ever but the mental hunger is so hard. As anyone pleeease got any tips how to over come the mental hunger because its driving me insane

Not started my pre-op diet yet but when I did LL I suffered from "emotional" hunger a lot in the first few weeks. Key was distraction and being honest about how i felt. thinking/feeling does not mean you have to action it - does that make sense?

During the weekend and evenings if I felt like this I made up an image book which was all the things I was focusing on for the future, clothes I would like to wear, places I would like to go, would research or hours and then the emtional hunger would be gone.

Stay strong - you can do this!

I understand what you mean as I did a diet same as ll but cheaper and this is the same but with more restriction. I'm trying to keep busy but all I want to do is sleep. I keep asking my head am I really hungry and I know the answer is no. I keep looking at clothes what I would love to wear and will be able to soon it gives me something to focus on. I was think of buying something I really like what is too small as a goal too

I have that something in my wardrobe - a pair of levi's that have not fitted me for 12 years!! I don't know what size they are but I want to wear them and feel as good as I used to in them!

I actually made up an image book up - it was a bit blue peter, but it was good, I could look at it if I was fed up and make myself aware of what and why I was doing what I was. No negative images were allowed in it though, so no fat photos etc, all positives x

I spent a good two hours making a presentation of my weight loss lol.

These are all great ideas you guys....thanks so much.
I'm ok in the day as I can get out and about but I have always been an evening eater so head hunger during the evening (especially when cooking for the family and watching them eat) is the worst. I'm going to go through my wardrobe and find all my smaller stuff and sort out fat from thin.....plan!!!
Well that's me sorted....thanks again xxx

Back