• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Am i the only 1

cb4

Had my balloon fitted last Saturday!

I'm constantly thinking about food and eating.
Still on fluids. But I'd give anything to eat anything I used to eat!!!!!!!
Am I the only one like this?????????????
I spend so much time thinking about what I could eat? I know the reason I'm overweight is cause I'm greedy and love food!!!!!
Does it get easier :)

weight loss surgery doesn't change those thoughts and feelings overnight so no, you aren't the only one thinking or feeling that way...it is part of the change, thinking what you could have to what you can have what you could have to what you should have... I have found my band has given me the ability to make strong positive choices in what and how I eat. There are days I think of foods that I could easily have but choose not to, the foods I no longer choose to eat because of the results I am having and my target - for me they are the motivation not to give not the crooked thinking that the mind creates

I can relax and keep going, I was simply thinking there is no hope for me!!!!
Although I have resisted a lot in the past 6 weeks Im just having a bit of a hard time not eating :)
Thanks a million
So much self haterid from being fat!!!!! But I will get over that, I hope

Self hatred and loathing is so common, I felt that way about myself for as long as I can remember. But, as the weight starts to come off, as you begin to use your surgery method to help you reach your goals and targets that image of yourself does change.

Even though I have my band, I know that a lot of the old habits are still there - if I had a packet of biscuits in the house, I know that I would struggle to eat just one. I know that there are times I still "graze" in the evening even if I don't feel hungry. But, whereas I would eat through the evening, chucking in anything and everything, if I graze it will be on things such as chicken breast or prawns, or maybe a ryvita if I'm in a carb mood.

It takes time to undo all of those eating habits and just because we can't have something doesn't mean we cannot or wont think about it. With no restriction from my band, I am able to eat so far, any food I want, and more or less in any amount, - surgery isn't the answer to everything, its a tool to help us. I have found that it does get easier, but I think its also important that we don't place ourselves into a "fail" situation, where we place such expectations on ourselves that are difficult to reach. I am trying to get around the "bad" or "guilt" foods - I want to be able to get to a point where I can have the things that I want, not to think of them as bad or to feel guilty if I have them, but also to the point where I have that control of having one and not a packet . . .

These things aren't easy and the crooked thinking can sabotage our own efforts . . .I have found it does get easier, increased taste buds mean I enjoy the taste of foods that always used to seem so bland, and that I enjoy cooking and use lots of herbs and flavourings to help things along too :)

Hang in there, and if you find you're struggling reach out and get some support :)

Back