• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SO DEPRESSED POST RNY BYPASS

Hi All,
I'm so depressed. This RNY Gastric Bypass has taken away my life. I can't eat anything without racing to the toilet with diarrhea constantly. I drink fluids and the same thing. I'm now 9 weeks post op. I'm so upset and depressed, sick in the stomach and bowels all the time. Does anybody know about having this RNY GASTRIC BYPASS REVERSED. I'd give anything just to feel normal again. :-(
I really need your help. My contact is [email protected] I AM IN AUSTRALIA

hiya i was exactly the same as u my dr gave me some anti sickness meds i still take them from time to time they have been my lifeline .... im nearly 9 months post op . to be totally honest i wouldnt go back to my previous way of life for nothing hope u feel better soon..... keep ur chin up xxx

I haven't had a bypass (I had a sleeve). The first 2-3 weeks were hellish for me and I thought I'd made a big mistake! Now just over three months later with a great weight loss, I wouldn't change my decision for the world :)
I hope you feel better really soon. I'm sure you'll eventually feel you've made the right decision too xx

Hi I had a sleeve and was the same until I got put on anti-emetics (anti sickness drugs) have a chat with your G.P. about getting some. Sending love x

See your doc for anti sickness pills then plod on till you get a few months down the line and you will forget the yucky times and love your new life.None of us expected to go asleep and wake up feeling exactly the same but miraculously start losing weight.You will come across other problems in the weeks to come,its down to you to research as much as poss about post op life.Here is a great start!Once you start ditching all your old fat clothes and feeling healthier you wont look back!Maz x

Hope you start to feel better soon, get the anti sickness drugs.xx

although i know princess is no longer on this site, she is on my facebook and i regularly get messages from her....unfortunately princess was very very poorly and ended up have a reversal a few days ago... for the past few weeks she was in hospital and unable to have the reversal due to other complications...i dont know if anyone was concerned about her on here but if you were then there is an update...she is doing better now.

Oh what a shame, I wouldn't regret it for the world, I'm sure if she could have got over the sickness she wouldn't have either, Karen x

im glad princess got the medical help she obviously needed,serves as a warning that anyone with any problems after surgery should go straight back to their gp or provider x

although i know princess is no longer on this site, she is on my facebook and i regularly get messages from her....unfortunately princess was very very poorly and ended up have a reversal a few days ago... for the past few weeks she was in hospital and unable to have the reversal due to other complications...i dont know if anyone was concerned about her on here but if you were then there is an update...she is doing better now.

Thank you Shannon ... I was very concerned for Princess & am really relieved that she has received the medical attention she clearly needed. I am just so sorry she has had to go through so much pain before anyone would listen to her.Was there a specific reason for the op failing? Let her know we are glad she is much better now & some of us did indeed care xxx :):)

i know i am new to this sight but my love and best wishes go to princess.

Thanks Shannon, I'm so glad she's on the mend and happier :) x

Thank you Shannon ... I was very concerned for Princess & am really relieved that she has received the medical attention she clearly needed. I am just so sorry she has had to go through so much pain before anyone would listen to her.Was there a specific reason for the op failing? Let her know we are glad she is much better now & some of us did indeed care xxx :):)

yes there was reasons for it failing, but i wouldnt want to discuss it all without her consent, i will keep you updated though x

Thanks for the update Shannon, terrible she's had such a hard time. Please send her our thoughts and good wishes. Hopefully she'll be back on her feet. Annie x

I too am glad to hear she has had the medical attention that she was begging for and hope she has a speedy recovery from this latest surgery.

I doubt she'd have got a reversal so quickly here in the UK. I think they are still very much a rare occurrence over here, so they must do things differently over there.

Back