• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I weird?

candie

fabby not flabby :)
I'm getting excited for my bypass op on Friday:eek::eek:Not nervous yet just really excited:eek:Even this bloody starvation diet isn't getting me down today:D
Am I normal?(lizzie you can't answer this lol):rolleyes::D

No not weird ! probably just glad its finally happening I cant wait for mine !
How long have you been waiting hun?Mine's a year since I first went to gp about the op:D

:grumble: That's not fair! I am possibly the best qualified for answering this and I am barred? :eek:

Lx

I wasn't nervous, just excited, right up until I went down to surgery. Then I wish I was out as quick as possible!

I think I'll be the same. Feeling okay until I get on the gurney and then it'll be put me under before I make a wobble for it!

Lx

sounds pretty normal to me all the best for your opp o n friday
have a fun day

Hi Candie

just wanted to say good luck for Friday :fingerscrossed:

it's good that you're not nervous, you've probably researched the procedure to the point where you know so much about it...and waited so long for it to happen...only a few days of waiting left :happy036:...you'll be fine xx

no, you are normal (i think :p) i too was very excited, i saw it as a life changing date and couldnt wait to start my new journey to becoming a new person (and hopefully losing a whole person... in weight terms!!)
xx

:grumble: That's not fair! I am possibly the best qualified for answering this and I am barred? :eek:

Lx
That's why you're barred!!:giggle::giggle:
Thanks everyone for the kind messages of support x:D

I bet that journey down that corridoor is like running the gauntlet for us on fri 10th. If I have spelt anything wrong my brain isnt functioning properly due to this bloody pre-op diet. Ime turning into an imbocile.:eek: Gail-Michelle
I wasn't nervous, just excited, right up until I went down to surgery. Then I wish I was out as quick as possible!

i was the same as you really excited even on the way down to theatre (i am strange lol) you'll do great on friday good luck and we'll see you on the loosing side honey xxxxxxxxx sarah xxxxx

Hi Candie
I think it is fantastic your so positive hun the is nothing wrong with that.
Are you and LizzieBee going to the same hospital if so I think that's great to be there for each other . I wish you both good luck and a speedy recovery . Take care .
Margaret xx

Thank you, Margaret. Yes, Candie and I are both going to the Regency Spire in Macclesfield on Friday and live 5 minutes apart in Preston! It is wonderful to have a (lovely) bypass buddy so near. We went to our 2nd pre-op together and just had to stop at The Trafford Centre on the was home for a mooch around the shops.

Lx

Thank you, Margaret. Yes, Candie and I are both going to the Regency Spire in Macclesfield on Friday and live 5 minutes apart in Preston! It is wonderful to have a (lovely) bypass buddy so near. We went to our 2nd pre-op together and just had to stop at The Trafford Centre on the was home for a mooch around the shops.

Lx

Hi Lizzie
That is fantastic your both so close together . The Trafford Centre is a great place to go shopping , I was there years ago it is massive you can shop till you drop there OK . Take care .
Margaret xx

nooo thats not weird, i remember the adrenaline running through my on my pre-op diet and the days prior to going under the knife, this is all part of your mind being focused and mentally prepared for the op and future changes. Good luck friday not that you really need it, you will soon be back here telling us all about it

Back