• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im new to the site .

i still believe

Hello there,im new to the site today.I live in kent.I am having my gastric bypass surgery on the 3rd of may by Mr El-Hasani at the princess royal hospital in orpington.

Has anyone else had this surgeon,or been to this hospital?I would love to hear from anyone who has had the same surgeon.

Thank you for viewing my post,xx

Hi Honey :) there are peeps from Orpington but I'm not one of them :D I just wanted to say welcome & good luck for the 3rd xxx :)

Hiya and welcome, I'm not from that area but have seen that surgeons name on a few people profiles so am sure your in good hands.

Hope everything goes well with your op x

Hiya and welcome, I'm not from that area but have seen that surgeons name on a few people profiles so am sure your in good hands.

Hope everything goes well with your op x
Thank you for that,i have heard good reports,so its now the waiting game,just over 2 weeks to go.im starting the pre op diet on thursday,which im sure will be a challenge,but worth it in the end.thanks for your reply,take care,nicky,xx

Hi Hun
I'm currently on my pre-op diet and my surgery is on Saturday with Mr El-Hasani so I will let you know!!

Best of luck on your pre-op diet

Kim x

hi and welcome to this forum any questions just ask away there will always be someone who will be able to answer, xxxx

Hi Hun
I'm currently on my pre-op diet and my surgery is on Saturday with Mr El-Hasani so I will let you know!!

Best of luck on your pre-op diet

Kim x
Hi there,oh thats great to find someone with the same surgeon.how are you finding the pre op diet?,i start mine on thursday.i would be really interested if you would let me know how it goes for you with the surgery etc.I Hope everything goes well for you on saturday.thanks so much for answering my post,all the best,love nicky,xx

hi and welcome to this forum any questions just ask away there will always be someone who will be able to answer, xxxx
Hi ,thanks so much,im sure i will have loads of questions,im really pleased i found this site.it looks amazing,just what i needed,thanks again,nicky,x

i still believe said:
Hi there,oh thats great to find someone with the same surgeon.how are you finding the pre op diet?,i start mine on thursday.i would be really interested if you would let me know how it goes for you with the surgery etc.I Hope everything goes well for you on saturday.thanks so much for answering my post,all the best,love nicky,xx

The pre op diet was hard at first but that was because I had 3 slightly different diet sheets and for 4 days lived off sugar free jelly and 1 main meal, but the one I'm following now is a lot easier. I also got bad headaches 2/3 days in, this I think was from carb withdrawal

Good luck with the diet x

The pre op diet was hard at first but that was because I had 3 slightly different diet sheets and for 4 days lived off sugar free jelly and 1 main meal, but the one I'm following now is a lot easier. I also got bad headaches 2/3 days in, this I think was from carb withdrawal

Good luck with the diet x
hi there,yes mine is similar to that.one main meal of chicken and veg,or fish,and then just 3 pieces of fruit and sugar free jelly,and consomme or bovil.did you have star for your dietician?im not looking forward to it,but its the beginning of the journey,so we all have to do it.are the nerves kicking in yet,or are you just eager to get the op done?i will be thinking of you on sat.love nicky,xx

Me Too!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new too and just starting out on my journey. I'm going for my consultation for POSE/Lapband on 24th April & hope to have the procedure 2-3 weeks later. Anyone else considering POSE? I haven't made my mind up yet about which to go for - mostly worried about the milk diet -Yuck!

Tessy..x

Hi Everyone,

I'm new too and just starting out on my journey. I'm going for my consultation for POSE/Lapband on 24th April & hope to have the procedure 2-3 weeks later. Anyone else considering POSE? I haven't made my mind up yet about which to go for - mostly worried about the milk diet -Yuck!

Tessy..x
hi there,i was considering the gastric band,but my surgeon said that i would have better results with a bypass.i think it goes on how much weight you have to lose,and also your eating habits.im sure the surgeon,will tell you everything you need to know about both operations.good luck with whatever you decide to go for,keep me posted,nicky,xx

hi there,yes mine is similar to that.one main meal of chicken and veg,or fish,and then just 3 pieces of fruit and sugar free jelly,and consomme or bovil.did you have star for your dietician?im not looking forward to it,but its the beginning of the journey,so we all have to do it.are the nerves kicking in yet,or are you just eager to get the op done?i will be thinking of you on sat.love nicky,xx

That diet was the first one I got, the one I have now says 2 eggs, 1 piece of chicken or fish 2 x daily so is alot easier to follow. This was the diet sheet sent by the Cheslfield and not the one I was given during my consultation, which was over a year ago so maybe things have changed. It might be worth checking with Sheila.

I'm still waiting for my date for my pre-op assessment and as my surgery is Saturday, I'm hoping I will hear today!!

Kim x

Hello there,im new to the site today.I live in kent.I am having my gastric bypass surgery on the 3rd of may by Mr El-Hasani at the princess royal hospital in orpington.

Has anyone else had this surgeon,or been to this hospital?I would love to hear from anyone who has had the same surgeon.

Thank you for viewing my post,xx

Good luck.Mine is at L&D on the 23rd May so exciting stuff ahead for us!
Welcome to the forum,You've made a great choice
Take Care
Andy

Hi there and welcome xxx

That diet was the first one I got, the one I have now says 2 eggs, 1 piece of chicken or fish 2 x daily so is alot easier to follow. This was the diet sheet sent by the Cheslfield and not the one I was given during my consultation, which was over a year ago so maybe things have changed. It might be worth checking with Sheila.

I'm still waiting for my date for my pre-op assessment and as my surgery is Saturday, I'm hoping I will hear today!!

Kim x
They seem to be leaving it late you send you for the pre op assessment.mine is on the 23rd at princess royal.i find it really confusing,because i have to go into hospital on tuesday eve,the 1st of may,and then stay the next day,and my op is on the 3rd.are they doing that with you?i have been told to go to the princess royal hospital,but i not sure if it will be done there or chelsfield hospital?i suppose i will find out more when i go for the pre assessment.hope you hear about your assessment soon,do you know what it entails?anyway fingers crossed you get the call soon.by the way we are nearly neighbours,im from erith,its a small world.take care,love nicky,xx

Good luck.Mine is at L&D on the 23rd May so exciting stuff ahead for us!
Welcome to the forum,You've made a great choice
Take Care
Andy
Hi andy,i wish you well for the 23rd of may.its great you have your date now.are you feeling nervous at all?i personally cant wait to start the journey.i start my pre op diet on thursday,so then it will be the countdown to a better life.keep me posted how you are getting on with everything,and good luck,nicky,x

Hello and welcome , lots of Mr El Hasani's patients on here , he done my bypass at the beginning of the year and ive lost just over 5 stone already, you are in very safe hands , just follow the pre op diet well,
Kate x

They seem to be leaving it late you send you for the pre op assessment.mine is on the 23rd at princess royal.i find it really confusing,because i have to go into hospital on tuesday eve,the 1st of may,and then stay the next day,and my op is on the 3rd.are they doing that with you?i have been told to go to the princess royal hospital,but i not sure if it will be done there or chelsfield hospital?i suppose i will find out more when i go for the pre assessment.hope you hear about your assessment soon,do you know what it entails?anyway fingers crossed you get the call soon.by the way we are nearly neighbours,im from erith,its a small world.take care,love nicky,xx

I had my pre-op assessment today at the Chelsfield, had bloods. ECG, height/weight, urine sample and had to fill out some forms, it took about 2 hours altogether. Also given a spirometer to use every hour it's a piece of equipment you need to such to open your lungs.

Kim x

Back