• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am so hungry its awful

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi

Im on day two of pre op diet and feel like my throats been cut, am so hungry, am in a foul mood and taking it out on others, just want to go to bed for the next 7 days till operation. Am on the low carb one, stocking up on mushrooms tonight, will look like one next week - anyone else got any good tips ideas to kill the hungar xxxx:cry:

Keep ur fluid intake up and keep busy. it will get better first first days are the worse.....tc xx

I'm starting my pre-op liver shrink diet tomorrow! Would hot drinks help stave off your hunger? what about oxo or something like that if tea and coffee don't help? (don't know if that is allowed - so check!) freezing your yogurt or low calorie squash so it's like sorbet or lollies - last a bit longer and trick your head?

I'll be watching your progress with interest ........

Good luck, D x

I felt the exact same way Bex, day two and three are the worst then four starts getting easier, I,m on day five now and its much easier.

Keep your chin up, its hard but it gets much better!!!

:)

Thanks, hope you had a good birthday, am just so grumpy and tired, have eaten my tea tonight and burnt my tongue as was so hungry, i need to plan abit more as still have 2 pieces fruit to eat and yoghurt, but full after tea. Hows the milk x

Aw sorry you are feeling this way, Becky :sigh: Fluid is the answer, though. Just keep drinking & it will get better ... hugs xxx :wave_cry:

Stick with it Bex...It's so hard but it'll get easier once your mind adjusts to the change of your eating pattern .

Soon enough you'll be reaping the rewards of your actions

Take care..we're all with you :)

Andy x

Thanks, hope you had a good birthday, am just so grumpy and tired, have eaten my tea tonight and burnt my tongue as was so hungry, i need to plan abit more as still have 2 pieces fruit to eat and yoghurt, but full after tea. Hows the milk x

My birthday was great thanks:)

The milk is good, im doing ok now.I was really short with people the first few days, you will be fine, honestly, your through the hard part now;)

It deffo gets easier hun and the rewards are well worth it! I found a pan of broth made with Quorn chicken fillet, oxo and white cabbage really filling, tasty and lowfat/carb. Good to pick at xx

I am like u but as everyone says it gets easier. Just came back from OH family celebration and dinner at restaurant and Sunday lunch and I have to say although my head was saying it is not that big of a portion, I cld not finish it.. even my oh was saying u must be hungry but I said honestly I am full so ur stomach does shrink.... hth xxx

Drink lots of fluid and brush your teeth a lot. It honestly does get a lot better. Day three or four you'll feel like death warmed up, then you'll wake up the next day with tons of energy and won't feel hungry I promise. And you'll feel fab when you realise how much you've lost before you have your surgery.

Brush your teeth then bite a pickled onion - puts me off eating for a while!
Hope it gets easier for you xXx

Thanks everyone the support helps loads, not long, big thanks xxx

Bex I agree with all of the above, by Tuesday you will be amazed how u don't feel that hungry and then by next friday you will be amazed how much you have lost!

Not long now huni xx

Thanks Jen, not long for you, let us know hunnie xxxxxxx

Ahhh bex, am sorry u are struggling Hun, I have been struggling having just the milk, have difficulty getting it down as it is making me feel sick now:( actual hunger did disappear a few days ago, it's my head that is telling me that I want more...lol

Your op will be here in no time, just one more day to go for me :) xxx

Make frothy coffee with skimmed milk,a life saver for me.I made it thick so i could 'eat'the froth!

Make frothy coffee with skimmed milk,a life saver for me.I made it thick so i could 'eat'the froth!
how do u froth it up? sorry to be dumb :D lol

Caren said:
how do u froth it up? sorry to be dumb :D lol

What I do is get the carton of milk, them shake it vigorously ( the longer you shake the more froth you'll get)
And then pour in your coffee .

Hope this helps :)

Btw ... You're not dumb ;)

Andy xx

Back