• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Amount of calories it takes to loose weight

Well just back from the doc and I have pharyngitis so bad that if it gets in any way worse I have to go straight to A&E
The joys!!!!! Have about a hour to get over it before I have to bring the kids to the farm :)
Oh to be a man and to be able to go back to bed when not well :)

I hope you feel better soon cb4. Frankie, skimmed milk can count as fluid, personally I count it as both because of the calorie count. I generally achieve 120g protein in a day circa 1100-1600 cals (i don't count, these are just a few days here and there that I've counted). My pattern seems to be to lose all the weight at the beginning of the month and then stall lol.

I hope you feel better soon cb4. Frankie, skimmed milk can count as fluid, personally I count it as both because of the calorie count. I generally achieve 120g protein in a day circa 1100-1600 cals (i don't count, these are just a few days here and there that I've counted). My pattern seems to be to lose all the weight at the beginning of the month and then stall lol.

Thats a relief, thanks for confirming that with me Yve. Just having my first latte of the day now :) .Can't see me ever getting to those levels of protein intake :eek: Not without supplementing anyway but I suppose that will come post bypass. Right now I have to learn portion control which has been easy really apart from the calorie intake... I don't think the dietician on monday really took it seriously that I was eating so little and in fairness I didn't press it home as my logic was telling me that on my intake I should be losing! Now after trawling the Internet and talking on here I realise that is not the case at all. I have meticulously logged everything that I have put in my mouth so I know my calculations are spot on. Anyhoo a new day a new target lets just see how it goes from here... Thank you so much Yve for your info it has been invaluable :553:

Well just back from the doc and I have pharyngitis so bad that if it gets in any way worse I have to go straight to A&E
The joys!!!!! Have about a hour to get over it before I have to bring the kids to the farm :)
Oh to be a man and to be able to go back to bed when not well :)

Awww not so good hun big {{{{cyber hugs }}}} to you and hope you feel better soon xx

Thats a relief, thanks for confirming that with me Yve. Just having my first latte of the day now :) .Can't see me ever getting to those levels of protein intake :eek: Not without supplementing anyway but I suppose that will come post bypass. Right now I have to learn portion control which has been easy really apart from the calorie intake... I don't think the dietician on monday really took it seriously that I was eating so little and in fairness I didn't press it home as my logic was telling me that on my intake I should be losing! Now after trawling the Internet and talking on here I realise that is not the case at all. I have meticulously logged everything that I have put in my mouth so I know my calculations are spot on. Anyhoo a new day a new target lets just see how it goes from here... Thank you so much Yve for your info it has been invaluable :553:
The further out you get from your bypass the more you can eat, but unless the pouch gets stretched there's no chance it will be your preop portions. I have been told by several dieticians that my intake etc is pretty good and my diet is healthy and balanced. Hope you see some losses soon :)

ALso one thing my dietician prefers is that all my protein comes from food and drink not shakes and bars - personally i put weight on when I tried shakes.

Okay I have upped calories to approx 1150cals since friday by drinking more in the way of skimmed milk and I have lost 5 lb :)
Downside though, although I'm not wholly convinced its because of this increase, I have suffered terribly with painful GERD since Friday. i think this is coincidental as this has been building since the balloon insertion anyway and my Oomperazole seems not to be doing the job anymore. Been on this for ten years now so maybe I need a change.
Any how the increase in cals is working .. My knee is much better so I can get walking again :) xx

Ask for lansoprazole. It's more common post wls. Am glad you're seeing movement :)

Ask for lansoprazole. It's more common post wls. Am glad you're seeing movement :)

Thanks Yve I'm hoping this is what they do as I had no reflux when i was on Fast Tabs for a week after the insertion but my GP felt the Oomperazole would do the same job. Ah well these thing happen. x

Back