• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

An embarassing medical question

Colopatiron

Hi all,

I know this may seem like a stupid question and something I definately should know. I had 12 gallstones removed about a year ago. the question is: have I still got my gallbladder? Can the stones be taken out without removing the gallbladder? I know i can ask you ladies anything but when it comes to seeing the surgeon(eventually) I would feel pretty silly not knowing this. As I had an unexpected hernia repair done at the same time I asked more questions about that!. Did i ever think having a gallbladder or not would come into question lol

hi there

didnt want to read and run......

I just had gall bladder removal hernai fix and gastric bypass all open surgery...

I think they usually remove the gall bladder but know a few that just had stones removed depends on the surgeon...

You will need to call and ask them

juni

Hi Juni,

think I will probably end up having to ring them. just wish I knew about gstric bypass then and I could have begged for one at the same time

I agree with Juni usually a surgeon will say what he has done, e.g. when Ihad my op he said there were so many stones and gravel he removed the gall bladder as well, but some people do just have the stones removed, although nowadays it is usually done with laser and not op, so as juni says depends on the surgeon, your Gp might be able to help as they will have had a letter re what the surgeon did.

Jay xx

Hi I had my gallbladder removed with the stones. I would think they would have removed yours at the same time but best to check with your gp.

I have my gallbladder removed as well as a hernia repair. They removed mine though because it was infected. I spent my whole pregnancy with that darn thing in there causing me to projectile vomit after I ate anything! it sucked . I'm pretty sure most of the time they just remove it though if that helps, although sometimes people just have the stones eliminated.

Hi... I have recently been diagnosed with gall stones and according to the research i have done the gall bladder is always taken, otherwise the stones continue to form. Please dont just take my word for it though hun, i'm no DR xxx

Back