• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins!

Calliope

Hi everyone,

I have been accepted for surgery and I am now eagerly awaiting 'The Letter' which should appear in approx 3months time.:D

I have been overweight all my life...tried every diet... and suffering greatly with disc problems in my back as well as having sleep apnoea. I am 48yrs but at times feel and move like an 80yr old!

It is reassuring to read the posts; they offer great insight as to what to expect.

Of course, I'm scared and I'm nervous - so any hints or tips you can give me I'd be most grateful for :)

My first tip is this, fill in your profile so that we know where you are, also put what type of surgery you are wanting to have and your surgeon's name! You can do this by clicking on User CP at the top of the page. It will show us what area you are in and then some of the other lovely members on here can offer you the benefits of their experience with your provider :)

We can all give you general advice, what kind of thing was you wanting to know? Please ask any question that you want no matter how silly you may think it is. Trust me you won't ask a question that any of us others haven't asked or thought of asking!

Just so you know, most privileges kick in on this site when you've posted 50 times, a lot of people use the word association thread to boost so they get to 50 posts. You can then send private messages to other members etc...

Welcome to the site, i am looking forward to hearing more about you :) and congratulations on getting the go ahead for your surgery xx

Hello and welcome :)

Glad to hear you have funding and look forward to following your journey :)

good luck on your journey xxx

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome I think Julie said it all. xx

Hello and welcome I think Julie said it all. xx

<<<sigh>>> you are not the first to say that Mary :)

Now we know where you're from lets hope some folks who come under Luton can give you some pointers xx

:welcome2:
Hi Calliope and welcome to the site . I am so pleased for your for getting accepted for your surgery, good luck with your wls journey ,Marie.

HI Caliope.
welcome to this site. I'm new too and have found everyone really helpful and encouraging.
good luck with the journey
Charis

Thank you all for your warm welcome, much appreciated.

HI Caliope.
welcome to this site. I'm new too and have found everyone really helpful and encouraging.
good luck with the journey
Charis

Thank you...not long for you now ;) Wishing you all the best.:)

So Calliope, what kind of things do you want to know?

hi jackie, welcome to WLS.
both me and my daughter are under L&D. i'm post-op (sleeve), and my daughter is pre-op (bypass).

Hi Welcome to WLS and good luck on your journey xXx

So Calliope, what kind of things do you want to know?

Hi Julie,

well I have read many positive outcomes post surgery.

I am concerned about post op complications such as leakage, blood clots, hernias etc.

Have many members experienced these setbacks post operation?

Hi everyone, I could have written this word for word and feel exactly as you do Jackie... I'm awaiting my letter... plus have been on a lifelong rollercoaster alongside serious health issues... keep in touch and much love, Beverlie xxx

Hi everyone, I could have written this word for word and feel exactly as you do Jackie... I'm awaiting my letter... plus have been on a lifelong rollercoaster alongside serious health issues... keep in touch and much love, Beverlie xxx

Feels good to know that it is not a lonely journey...thank you x

Back