• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

and so the battle for my nhs TT begins...

so, i have had my hernia repair just 5 days ago, sat here in bed with a drain coming out my side! bit gutted as the surgeon said he very nearly cut awy the loose skin i have for me. i cried. really cried. now he has armed me with enough ammo to face the gp and get him to at least apply to my pct. will post back in the morning with all the reasons. i have to be an exception to be considered.

wish me luck!

Good luck & hope you feel better soon :) Why did the surgeon not cut away your skin in the end? And why did he have to tell you about his change of mind & make you cry... surely he realised what a big deal it is.. if not he should :mad:

oh ffs. wrote a big long reply and it logged me out!huff!

i don't know why he told me. i almost wish i hadn't. but he told me, that if i am still in pain for a long time post op, it is because i have masses of scar tissue in there. the apron is largely made up of scarring. i've had 5 sections, 2 hernia repairs, and a lapaoscopy that the numptey didn't listen to me over, and the then surgeon went thru my old repair, years later having 2 pregnancies one after the other, the old repair opened to the size of a fist. in order to get this surgery, i had to lose alot of weight. going from 19st to 12st so far. my surgeon was amazed, i lost 7 st gave up smoking, did everything that was asked of me. but i am left with a huge amount of skin that hangs maybe 7-8 inches over my pants. it's awful. i have to tuck it in and i look like i have a front bum. i've gone from a size 22-24 to a size 12 now so far, and want to ideally lose another 3 stone maybe.

i've just seen my numptey gp,who i am told i have to be best freinds with to get a application to my pct, and after telling him how angry i am over him not reffering me (my op was cancelled, so i asked about 2 months ago for him to apply to have both done together, he told me they do not do that) he has said he will now apply for funding. but devon pct being as tight as a ducks arse, i will struggle. as he says it is cosmetic. my arguement is that it is not cosmetic, as the skin pulls the base of my back out of line, and i cannot lift my 2 young boys, and i do not go out as i am embarressed of the loose skin, i can't feel most of it so it creeps over my trousers like a flesh river. yuck.

i need to be the exception. and i need to know how i am going to be the exception. as i will be writing a letter to support my application.

Gosh, sounds like you have a battle on your hands ... :( Hope your surgeon is true to his word & the info he has given you helps your GP realise you need funding. I really hope you get help as though most are left with excess skin, not everyone has 5 sections etc. Wishing you the very best of luck :)

Aww thanks hun. I hope so too. I'm amazed my gp is even going to apply. He upped my meds
For my back today, 3 lots 5 times a day now. Eekage! Gonna rattle at this rate :)

Back