• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had tt and well worth it

shellyfunnybelly

i have had my tt and i am still in hospital and i have had one drain out and it to me felt like a contraion lol werid i know but only way i can put it lol. but doing well but abit swollan and sort but loving the result's in the end . and feeling really good . and if anyone go's to addenbrook's they r really good and they r so nice .

Hope you feel better soon hun, can't wait to see 'after' pics when you're ready! xxxx

Hey Shelly,

Really pleased your operation has now been done and dusted!

Rest up and take care - its important you dont do too much otherwise you will experience SWELL HELL early on!

hi all just to let ya know doing well 4 week's post op . can't wait to got this binder off .driving me nut's was told to get the big knicker's but did not like them so stuck with the binder . that will hopfull be off on the 24 th aug . and can start to show my new body off .lol

lol I grew to love my binder and still can't bear not to wear it when i'm at home. I don't like the big knickers either -I felt they were cutting me in half to start with, but i'd rather wear them to work than people ask what the binder is for. I'm going to keep it on at home and night till 3 months. It's a bit like a security blanket lol

I'm now 9 weeks post op and still have swelling in stomach. Can't wait for that to go. Was particularly bad last week when I started aerobics again but has gone back to what it was before now, thankfully.

When do we get to see your pics???

Hey Sarah,

Im 7 weeks post op today and i still have swelling. It was really bad last week as it was the time of the month and i also find i swell after going to the gym.

I believe this can last for up to 12 months so i guess we just have to have patience :p

Hey Sarah,

Im 7 weeks post op today and i still have swelling. It was really bad last week as it was the time of the month and i also find i swell after going to the gym.

I believe this can last for up to 12 months so i guess we just have to have patience :p

We should compare swellings!!! lol

I also heard it can be up to 12months of swelling so no bikinis this year for me :eek:
Can't wait for next year though lol

I do wonder how soon the general swelling will go down though. I've had no problem with the scar though and think its quite near; just seem to have a bit of a ledge on the left side - hope it goes down soon.

Can't wait for next year though lol

I have a ledge over the scar too! Did you have this done on the NHS? On another forum i go on all the NHS girls, including me, have this ledge.

The other girls who have gone private dont seem to have this because they had lipo as part of the operation to remove any excess fat from above the scar line.

My PS has said we will look at revisions if i still have said 'ledge' but i need to wait at least 12 months to see if it goes down.

I did have it done on the NHS! I haven't seen the surgeon since week 3 and that was only because of a small seroma and I didn't have the ledge then. I don't go and see the consultant PS until October when I will be 4 months.

I'm hoping it goes alone so I don't need revision surgery but I do have a small dog ear on the left-hand side too.

I'm so grateful for being able to get it done on the NHS but I have found the aftercare has left a lot to be desired. For instance, I was never told how long to keep the binder on, never told of big knickers until 3 weeks post op and so on.

Fortunately the partner of a friend of mine had a TT just before Xmas and the girls on this site have been great as a source of info (and on another site I just go to look and read the posts - I havent joined) but all helps in the learning process I guess.

hi there i had mine on nhs and have there same problem . but also i swell on one side and that is on the right hand side . but healing well i went bk to the dressing clinic two week's post op then i have an appointment to see the ps on the 24th aug that is my 6week post op appointment . but i have a holiday in october but i think i can get away with a bikine lol well i hope but i think i look good now to what i did . i have a few pic's on here but have not got any up to date one's yet . but will put some on soon . hope is going well for u all

I had the drain on the right side taken out 2 days before the drain on my left, and even then it was borderline (the nurse thought they wouldnt take it out) and its the swelling on the left side that's very prominent; I had a Ken doll and small seroma on the left side only too. Have you found the same?

Hi Shelly

just been having a look at your before and after pics....amazing :cool:

does it feel real to you having a flat tummy, or are you still getting used to it?

it os rally werid as i went swimming today and i did not feel horrable about myself like i did i just felt like i was being looked at by bloke's in a diffrent way and they did not stop looking and smileing at me i loved it lol . but all i do is keep looking down at my tummy and still think i have a flat tummy oh my god this is not real lol. but my hubby really love's the new me as had my hair do and nail's done to and got load's of clothes that show off my tummy for when i can . but he said he loved me befour . but he still love's me for what i had do so he said i did not need it but if i wanted it then he would love me any way bless him . but can't wait to really show it off .lol

well i had my 6 week post op and finally i have the binder off the ps said that i did not need it but have to wear the bright jone's knicker's .but really happy . the ps said that my tummy is still swollen and will go down and the bit were it bump's over my scar that is were the fat was thinker at the top of my tummy were they pulled it down he said if they were to take the fat away it would o not worked and it would not of healed. so now i am ok to go on my holiday but got to keep the scar's out of the sun or it will turn all nasty . and don't need to see my ps for another three month's. i am also going to put new pis up today .

well i had my 6 week post op and finally i have the binder off the ps said that i did not need it but have to wear the bright jone's knicker's .but really happy . the ps said that my tummy is still swollen and will go down and the bit were it bump's over my scar that is were the fat was thinker at the top of my tummy were they pulled it down he said if they were to take the fat away it would o not worked and it would not of healed. so now i am ok to go on my holiday but got to keep the scar's out of the sun or it will turn all nasty . and don't need to see my ps for another three month's. i am also going to put new pis up today .

Thats good news ... I didn't get a 6 week appointment!! I will be 4 months PO before i see PS again.

Can't wait to see your pics :D

Im still waiting for a date for my follow up app, im 9 weeks tomorrow and called them last week to chase but still haven't heard anything.

Im going to call them again if i've still heard nothing at 12 weeks :rolleyes:

Cheers babe - im only 9 weeks so still a way to go yet. Also - i can see my 4 pack now - it will be a 6 pack as soon as the remainder of the welling has buggered off!

Back