• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

and then number 3 rocked up!!! HELP

Slimslo

:confused:Hello all,
Its been a while since i was here and it because life just got a little crazy. Well i will try start at the beginning.... Have been losing weight really well at first then its kinda stopped about 8 weeks ago going up and down.
i have a fill of 7.2ml in a 10ml band. Last week i felt really sore around the breast area and without thinking did a pregnancy test...... it was positive, was not trying if you know what i mean. my last was a night mare was overweight and poorly and had to be proded and poked to get my ovaries working. Had marrina put in and it feel out about a year ago and because of all the complications i had thought i would not fall and would work on me hence the band and that but now without even thinking its happened been to GP and they say i am around 8 weeks gone.... what a shocker.

Has any one experienced pregnancy with the band? does and donts and that? I guess patra my band is working in more ways than one....

Firstly congratulations!!!!!! :woohoo:

Secondly - i've never been preggars so can't offer advice; but best to work closely with your gp & band providers. :)

Thank you!!! its all a little secret at the mo to family and friends i guess if i can keep my band a secret this will be easy....lol i hope all works well and will try and come more often, thanks for your message. thanks

question.. what does permalink do ?
how can i ensure i can find my thread next time?

question.. what does permalink do ?
how can i ensure i can find my thread next time?

When someone posts a new post on any thread it will show up in your user cp. Click on it and it will show you all the posts you have commented on that have new posts to them.

I can't answer your questions sorry but I do know you will need a defill as the pregnancy progresses so you need to contact your provider asap.

Hi, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! that's lovely news.

I was asking my provider about getting pregnant with a band fitted, and they said that as long that the midwife was happy with amount of weight you were gaining and the morning sickness wasn't too much of a problem they wouldn't do a defill. He also said that they usually prefer you to wait a year to let your weightloss settle, but if pregnancy happens then they can work with it. I hope this helps ease your worries.

Please keep us updated, I'm not entirely sure I've finished my family yet so I'd be very interested in following your story xx

As long as you can eat enough to feel good and healthy, make sure you have nutrient rich stuff etc , you probably won't need a huge defill.
Hopefully whatever weight you lose from your excess will only make the pregnancy easier for you and ultimately help you recover a lot quicker from the birth.

Maybe this will be useful?

Pregnancy and Calorie needs

Eating the right number of calories lets you and your baby
mag-glass_10x10.gif
gain the proper amount of weight. During the first 3 months of your pregnancy, you do not need to change the number of calories you are eating.

Normal-weight women need an extra 300 calories each day during the last 6 months of pregnancy. This totals about 1,900 to 2,500 calories a day. If you were underweight, overweight, or obese before you became pregnant, or if you are pregnant with more than one baby, you may need a different number of calories. Talk to your healthcare
mag-glass_10x10.gif
provider about how much weight you should gain and how many calories you need.

Each of these healthy choices has about 300 calories:
  • 1 cup of non-fat fruit yogurt and a medium apple
  • 1 piece of whole wheat toast spread with 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 cup of beef and bean chili sprinkled with 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of raisin bran cereal with 1/2 cup of non-fat milk and a small banana
  • 3 ounces roasted lean ham or chicken breast and 1/2 cup sweet potatoes
  • 1 flour tortilla (7-inch), 1/2 cup refried beans, 1/2 cup cooked broccoli, and 1/2 cup cooked red pepper.
Why is gaining a healthy amount of weight important?
Gaining a healthy amount of weight may help you have a more comfortable pregnancy and delivery. It also may help you have fewer pregnancy complications, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, constipation, and backaches.
Gaining too little weight during your pregnancy makes it hard for your baby to grow properly. Talk to your health care provider if you feel you are not gaining enough weight.
If you gain too much weight, you are more likely to have a longer labor and more difficult delivery. Also, gaining a lot of extra body fat will make it harder for you to return to a normal weight after you have your baby. If you feel you are gaining too much weight during your pregnancy, talk with your health care provider.
Do not try to lose weight if you are pregnant. If you do not eat enough calories or a variety of foods, your baby will not get the nutrients he or she needs to grow.
How much weight should I gain during my pregnancy?

Talk to your health care provider about how much weight you should gain during your pregnancy. General weight-gain recommendations listed below refer to pre-pregnancy weight and are for women expecting only one baby.
  • If you are: underweight You should gain: about 27 to 40 pounds
  • If you are: normal weight You should gain: about 25 to 35 pounds
  • If you are: overweight You should gain: about 15 to 25 pounds
  • If you are: obese You should gain: about 15 pounds or less
Do I have any special nutrition needs now that I am pregnant? Yes. During pregnancy, you and your growing baby need more of several nutrients. By eating the recommended number of daily servings from each of the five food groups, you should get most of the nutrients you need.
Be sure to include foods high in folate, such as orange juice, strawberries, spinach, broccoli, beans, and fortified breads and breakfast cereals. Or get it in a vitamin/mineral supplement.
To help prevent birth defects, you must get enough daily folate before as well as during pregnancy. Prenatal supplements contain folic acid (another form of folate). Look for a supplement that has at least 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) of folic acid.
Although most health care providers recommend taking a multi-vitamin/mineral "prenatal" supplement before becoming pregnant, during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding, always talk to your health care provider before taking any supplements.

Congratulations.
Can't offer you any advice as I am a bypasser, sorry.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you x

Congratulations hun :happy036:

Sorry cant advise but want to wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

Congratulations!

I have 2 bander friends who have been preggers recently. One has had her baby and had a defill (complete) the other has a few weeks to go and had some removed but not all.

As with everything it will vary on the individual and their providers preference.

awesome news!! sounds like me...2nd one took 13 months of trying and number 3 was like ??????

congratulations...and good luck x

Hi, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! that's lovely news.

I was asking my provider about getting pregnant with a band fitted, and they said that as long that the midwife was happy with amount of weight you were gaining and the morning sickness wasn't too much of a problem they wouldn't do a defill. He also said that they usually prefer you to wait a year to let your weightloss settle, but if pregnancy happens then they can work with it. I hope this helps ease your worries.

Please keep us updated, I'm not entirely sure I've finished my family yet so I'd be very interested in following your story xx
Thanks so much for the information!!!! I will keep you all updated...;)

thanks i will keep you all updated regarding number 3 - need a name dont we.... help me pick one!!!

Hi Guys, Just wanted to say thank you for your messages of encouragement as this is a shocker for me. I have a midwife appointment on friday..... this hopefully will help me understand the implications pro's and con's regarding this preganancy,weightloss early preganancy whilst banded and please help me the C-Section which i will have as i have never pushed anything out of that place and dont think i want to

Speak soon!!!

Thats a nice name !!! i like Faye or Ava for a girl and Tristan for a boy .... what say u???

Back