• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

andy's story

andy12861

hi all i did put a bit of my story on another part of the forum but i thought a would start a new thread if anyone wanted to have a read. where to start well like eveyone i tried all the use'll diet's none seem to work ive tried tablets they worked for a month or so then i would put more weight on then i went to my docs around a year or so ago asking about having wls and he put me forward so like everyone else i saw the dietien but my weight has kept on going up and up till at sometime this year i had gone upto 400lbs thats 182kg.i got to see my consultant dr brough in regency hosp in late july.that gave me the shot in the arm i needed knowing i was going to get the op at sometime. so from august i started to cut back on food not in a big way but it worked i lost 5kgs by the time i went for my first pre op on 21st of oct so i was down to 177kg so started the liver pre op i lost another 5kg in ten days but i was told of by the nurse for not losing enough weight so when i got home last friday i only drank water and oxo cube drinks for 4 days it did the trick it was bloody hard to do but i lost another 5kg.so to the op i was now down to 167kg for the op it went ok but when i woke up and i had a look ive now got 9 more holes than i went in with im sore but not to bad.so i came home on wed afternoon ive eaten what my diet sheet say's to eat ive weighed myself this morning im now down to 162kg i feel sore but i know that will pass. i hope ive not bored anyone who's might read this just wanted to get it off my chest as they say. to anyone thinking of getting it done go for it it's changed my life already bye for now

Hi Andy congratulations on sticking to the oxo diet you deserve a medal. No ones story is ever boring as it may help someone in the future and thats what we are here for along with unconditionally support. I will watch your progress and well done on losing so much....xx

Hi Andy,

Having your own thread makes life easier! Mr Brough did my surgery too, at Regency, and the aftercare has been great.

What area are you from? You'll have to get a ticker going so we can all watch your weight loss :)

hi shelbell and charliegirl ye im going to get the ticker thing. i live in runcorn if you know where that is.i was thinking about my finish weight today.well i'm pretty tall at 6ft 2inchs so i hope i could get down to around 15st or so that's around 95 to 100kg .from the start to finish it would be a 12 to 13 stone loss say 82kgs i would have lost.i hope i can do it i know it's still going to be hard

Yep Runcorn's not far from me :)

I worked out my target with a reverse BMI calculator, where you put in your height and your desired BMI and it tells you what weight you would need to be.

hi shelbell ive gone onto the tickerfactory site set it all up. but how do i get it on to the forum i dont know how to thanks if you can help

when you've gone through the ticker factory process (don't forget your pin, you'll need that to update it) you come to a page which shows you your finished ticker, and underneath are boxes of code.

Find the one that says BB code, and copy the contents.

Come here, click USER CP at the top of the page, then EDIT SIGNATURE in the bar on the left, and paste the contents into the edit box. Click save and then ta da all done!

Hi Andy and well done on your surgery. i am with you fully the bypass has changed my life and i would recommend it to anyone. hope your recovery goes well x

hi all well i have got my two girls round with me today so i thought i would go for a walk into town for the afternoon.it's about half a mile away almost in a straigt line but omg was i knackerd when i got back ive slep for an hr since i got home. i just have to get it into my head i can not do what i used to do even tho i want to.
ps to shelbell if you read this ive tried to do my ticker on here ive tried 5 or 6 times just carnt get it to work i'll try a few more times i'll have to give up see you all soon

Hi Andy, it looks like you don't have all the code there, which is why it's not showing up.

hi all thought i would put a little update on here. well it's been 14 day's post op and it's not been too bad.ive now lost around 7kg in 2 week's so i don't know if that's good or bad i thought i would have lost more but i'll settle for that for now .i know i have to start getting more active than i am right now but i get so knackerd after just walking a short while i get frustrated that i can't do more. as the weight come's off i will be able to do more at the moment it's about not over doing it i guess oh well that's it for see you all soon andy

Hi Andy :)

You've made a great start haven't you? I'm sure your energy levels will start to increase gradually now. Take it day by day and be kind to yourself :D

Best Wishes,

Lacey..:)

Good luck with the weight loss Andy - try not to do too much too soon but I think you'll do really well. Bet the girls are glad that Dad's addressing his weight issues

thank's helen yes when my girls come round to my house they get proper food now not the crap i used to eat it's only now im cooking real food and not going to the chippy all the time and and getting things out of tins all the time bye for now

The thing is, when we have carried so much weight for a long time (for what has been most of my life for me) we are impatient to shift it. But it didn't get there overnight and won't go overnight.

You're doing great, Andy and already positive signs of a long-term new-you are there. It doesn't matter that you can't run a mile (yet?!), but a few extra steps each day or a few more minutes doing whatever exercise you prefer will soon creep up and the weight will creep down.

And you will have many more years with your girls.

Then the job'll be a good'un! Woo yeay! :hug99:

Morning Andy :)

I found the losses slow for the first 3 weeks or so, while the body is still swollen, retaining water and healing. It soon picks up, and once you start eating a bit more ironically you'll start losing a bit more, as it's easy for your body to go in to starvation mode while you're in the liquids phase.

Hi Andy, firstly..I also live in Runcorn!!!

Secondly, well done on your weight loss, keep it up you'll soon be at your target weight.

Back