• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anelgesic cream

Dimples70

Good morning everyone - I was reading my Email re my fill and it states that use of an analgesic cream to numb the pain of the needle is optional . If we require it we can buy it from a pharmacy - Would you recommend ?

Its usually on prescription I get it for my daughter has to be on for an hour before and covered with cling film. Can't remember what its called!!!!

I have never felt the need to use it. It's generally only a teeny needle prick. In and out in a second or two. Maybe someone who has used the cream will be along soon ...

Thanks ladies - I was wondering about the size of the needle - Um normally ok with injections - so at the moment I think aim going to try and be a " Brave little teddy "

Needle is tiny and although it goes in the top surface of skin it's going into the port so it's not too bad x

The cream is called Emla, and then you need tegaderm dressings to sit on top. It has to be applied 1 hour before the needle. You can get it on prescription, don't think you can buy it. It is mostly used for children for blood tests and canulas etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi I had it at Dolan they put it on both hands so I wouldn't fell the needle going in.... It worked okay for me xx I might get some I'm a big whimp lol xx

I would too carre, I don't like needle's either, good luck hun x

Back