• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anesthetic

emma&alex

ive not been worried at all about the whole procedure, and ive now had that many people ask me if im worried about it...then tell me awful things..ive decided im scared of the anesthetic. ive never had it before, and it wasnt something that i bothered about really, and would have thought that if it killed me i wouldnt know about it anyway so who cares, but now i have my little boy...ive got an awful guilt feeling incase i have some reaction to it & i die.

i know thats really really morbid, sorry if its bothered anyone..but its stressing me out a bit.

Hiya - dont worry too much luv people read the magazines and see that someones op went wrong, but you have to think that 1 person is out of 100s having it done. the mags/papers wont report the ones that flew through the procedure no problems coz its not realli news but they are straight there when it does go wrong. dont listen to people telling you it went wrong. i cant say much about on the actual day as im on the waiting list but im sure the anethatist is trained for these things and will have years of experiance in dealing with people that do go funny with aneasthetic so he will be able to sort you out quickly. youl do it with flying colours im sure - just read all the sucess stories on here, good luck for you op but im sure you wont need it. i cant wait to read how you went on after. xxx

Emma, first of all you need to remember you have the god Mr Ammori as your surgeon, he will only have the best working with him!

I'm roughly about your size (or i was) and have had 3 anaesthetics in the last 11 years and been absolutely fine. Try and stop worrying because you will be alright, more and more bariatric patients get operated on daily and hospitals are used to us larger people now...

You'll be fine and back with your son before you know it xx

Only natural to be worried! Try to focus on the positive!

It is the fact that it is an optional operation. If it was one that the doctor told us we had to have we would not be so guilty about it.

I got myself all worried about how my husband would collect my body from Manchester when we live in Scotland!

Just remember you are doing it for your future with your little boy!

its natural to be worried ................but your be fine hun and think how much your little boys and you are gonna get out of this op ...............your gonna be able to run around and play with him before you know it ..................................i too have had 6 anaesthetics in 3 years and many more before apart from a sickie years ago (and things have improved greatly ) i have been fine and you wil too xxx

Hey hun, Your be fine honestly, Im not going to say its not scarey cos that would be a lie, However get in a positive frame of mind, keep calm too. Last thing you wanna do on the day is to get all stressed out and your bp shoots up.

I was under twice in 6 weeks, and i was fine :eek:)
xx

This my main worry too.

Like you I had Mr Ammori and I discussed this with him. I do have a family history of problems with anesthetic and my paternal Grand mother died in surgery due to an adverse reaction. Anyway Mr Ammori talked through my personal risks which were no different to anyone else's other than I was very overweight and explained that both the type of anaesthesia used and the way it is administered has changed massively in recent years. Also as others have said he only works with the very best people. There is some risk but I think you should take some confidence that you have reduced your risk as much as possible and if you're still not sure give him a ring he's brilliant!
x

cheers everyone

i know im being silly, its just getting closer and closer so i need to get nervous about something.

this time next week i'll be all banded up

hello!

I did have a reaction to the anathetic, my heart slowed right down suddenly.. they gave me a shot of adrenaline (through my chest straight into my heart) and i quickly went back to normal.

It ment i took a wee bit longer to recover post op and spent longer in icu.

It is very rare anything happens during surgery that the docs cant deal with. very rare!

Im still here, over a year later and at goal :) So glad i did it.

you will hear scare stories, and it is totally natural to be scared, heck i swas crying on my way to theatre!

But im living proof that the docs know what they are doing!!!

.x.

Hi Emma, I was banded this time last week, and like yourself was worrired for my two little girls, I am doing the right thing etc....but I can honestly say it has no way been as bad as I thought. Haven't really needed any pain killers, stop taking them on Tuesday, after inital problem with not keeping anything down, which has now been sorted everything is going really well. Haven't felt hungry, or in pain, I'm so surprised how well I feel. Dont worry it will all be fine. xx

Back