• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

oooo bloody mums

cherry

so i know thats a mum s job is to worry about you... but ive just got off the phone to her after saying that im hoping for sleeve and she was like ' well i really dont want you to have it full stop what if something happens, what if you get infections etc'...... im worrying enough as it is, and it keeps coming into my head what if i die?... im getting myself into a mess now im worrying alot and i keep thinking what if i leave my sons motherless :cry:gosh i dont know whats wrong with me im crying typing this!!! x

You can never please 'em!
My mom and dad are always making comments about my weight, and I know they'd both love for me to have surgery, so I refuse to tell them (yet) that I'm going down that route, cos I don't wanna give them the satisfaction! Lol.
x

no 1 has died at s/land Kelly you will feel better when you have had a chat with Mr S X

thanks liz, i know im like this because its been brought up on the phone with my mum im sure we've all thought, ill prob feel differently tomorrow.... more positive hey x

thanks liz, i know im like this because its been brought up on the phone with my mum im sure we've all thought, ill prob feel differently tomorrow.... more positive hey x

yer these feelings are normal as its an emotional rollercoaster of ups and downs, hugs from me to you x:hug99:

o nooo wendy!!! she ll put me off, haha lus i dont want her knowing my weight etc xx

Kelly

My mum was also really negative, she was against it all the way, even though I took her with me when I went to see the consultant - so she could ask questions. She was terrified I was going to die!

But, once she realised I wasn't going to change my mind she came on board - she was so supportive while I was in hospital and even looked after me post op. Now she thinks it's the best decision I ever made - don't get me wrong she's still worried about the long term effects, but she is my greatest supporter!

So, I'd tell your mum why you're doing this - you want to be there for your boys, to watch them grow up and get married and all the other stuff she has seen you do. I'm sure once she realises how much the positives outweigh the rare and unlikely negatives she'll also rally around you.

Poppy x

I was convinced I was going to die too. But - I was also convinced that I was going to die of the extremely high blood pressure that I had for over 8 years.

Guess what - I didn't die! The op went smoothly and my blood pressure problem has now gone.

There is an old saying 'if you worry, you die - if you don't worry, you still die'. You have to make the choice, no matter what your family say. If I hadn't had the op five months ago I would still be walking with a walking stick - and even then only for a few yards. I've just got off the treadmill, where I have been running.

My point (in a long winded way) is that you can either live as you are and make your health deteriorate, or you can make the most of a golden opportunity and really LIVE the rest of your life.

Good luck in your decision xx

Think thats just mums in general, imagine it was your child going for the op you would have concerns too, it would be worse if she didn't care, print her some info of the internet to help put her mind at rest, plus try not to worry, you'll be fine x :)

Jaffa

o noo girls i know 100% its the right decsion earlier i was excited when i realised id made a almost certain choice for the sleeve its only because of my phonecall with my mum, i still will go through the op, but you know when, ooo i dunno the blunt truth of it is im so scared, but i know the benefits of this op will simply make me feel amazing xxxxxx

thanks jaffa and to everyone! ooooo where s your 'thanks button ha xxxx mwaaa to you all x

See my mom was fine with me having wls when she thought it was a band, when i told her i was being replumbed she was a little concerned. Once i told her how much better it would be, get rid of diabetes (hopefully) and that i wouldn't live on soup for the rest of my life she was fine. Only thing is now she rings up, i tell her what i'm eating and she's like ''you can't eat that''! Oh yes i can mom, my life is about good choices and moderation..

thanks julie xx

Have you thought about taking her to a support group (not sure if your hospital has one or not!!). I took my Mum to one before my op and she says its the best thing I could have done. She didn't really understand why I was having it done before then but meeting people who'd been through it and were now happy and healthy (and alive!!!) really helped her. I think it is hard for parents as they only see the stories of people dying so that is what they'll automatically think of!!!

i know meggie... i know it must be hard for them but you sometimes you think oooooo please mum!! ha esp when your worrying enough as it is! glad to see its not just mine! xx

i know meggie... i know it must be hard for them but you sometimes you think oooooo please mum!! ha esp when your worrying enough as it is! glad to see its not just mine! xx

Haha, no. Mine is just as bad. But reacted slightly better than I anticipated. I decided not to tell her until the 23rd of December, and everything had been booked by that point (My op was the 19th of Feb). I could have told her earlier but I knew she'd worry and try and change my mind. I explained why I didn't tell her sooner and she was fine. I was also completely honest about why I was having, including the ongoing abuse I got from random people in the street!!! I think my Mum hadn't realised how hard a time I was getting, and was a bit more receptive from then on.

I would definitely recomment the group though. It gave her the opportunity to see some living op-people and helped put her mind at ease (well somewhat anyway!!!).

You'll be fine hun!! I was convinced I was going to die, right up until I sat on the table and they knocked me out!!! I'm still here to tell the tale.......and much happier to boot!!!

Back