• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Angel Delight - what's the difference? Confused.com

phatmomma

Hiya everyone. Well occasionally as some of you know (this is not part of the official secrets act) i partake in a bit of no added sugar Angel Delight... It feels naughty without being so naughty as i was pre op! So today popped to Tesco's for some leggings for my daughter, size 10/12 the till woman looked at me as i reassured her that they would fit, i'm not as big as i look :) :), anyway thought i'd get some Angel Delight for laters while i was there... Being a little financially challenged this week i decided to get Tesco own brand which is considerably cheaper as it's '' no added sugars''... Well i thought i'd get the strawberry whip for my daughters as they not keen on butterscotch so i brought Tesco Value s/berry whip which was a whopping 5p a pack (licked the spoon and it tasted delish, so bargain :) yay girlies). Well after making puds for all i compared the packets and here is a run down of nutritional value.... Aim of the game is for you to decide which was marked as 'no added sugars'.

Figures are per 1/2 pack which is 150ml of s/s milk to make.

Brand A:
Calories = 185
Sugar = 11%
Fat = 7.3g
Saturates = 5.5g
Salt = 0.9g

Brand B
Calories = 160
Sugar = 10%
Fat = 6.2g
Saturates = 4.7g
Salt = 0.7g

So which did you think was no added sugar? I'm plumping for the second one, and i'm wrong! All the figures are lower for the second one but it's actually the first that was the NAS one... confused.com

Any ideas?

hey julie its because when somethings sugarfree they pump it full of other aditives to replace the sugar so the calouries would be higher and other bits, its the same with d coke to..... i think!!! thats my idea xx

Also, the NAS one is strawberry, which will contain some fruit sugars I would presume, unlike butterscotch which will be entirely synthetic.

No Shel, the NAS is butterscotch......

in which case, ignore me :)

he is indeed, although he has decided that he no longer wants to eat or sleep for daddy, which considering I spent 4 hours in a&e this afternoon made for a very grumpy twosome when I finally got home. Boys! :rolleyes:

Ahh bless him, if you'd have been much longer i bet he'd have decided to eat for his daddy lol... Hope your okay!

I'm fine, just had to rule out a suspected DVT, which I did, so all good. Thanks for asking :)

I've dumped on the NAS butterscotch Tesco angle delight, to scared to try it again

It's mad when you compare the stats! There is less bad in the one thats not advertised as low in sugar and a heck of a difference in price...

I had a small palpating session the first time i had Angel Delight, but next time was fine! It appears i may not dump yet, have been to my grandsons christening and first birthday today and brought a small slice of sponge home to try, no affect whatsoever. Am not too pleased with that i tell you!

Back