• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ANOTHER CALL TO ST RICHARDS

debbiejane

:cry:i got so upset with the wait today i called my pct to ask advice about long wait,an was told it was wrong an she advised me to email the chief executive[harder than you think]you have to go through customer relations and pals.she told me that they only got two docs doing the surgery.when i asked about the docs that have been bought in told they only there for consults!.also i was told the 18 week rule does count an my breach date is sept10th,so must be done by then,but apparently they can go over on 15% without getting a slap on the wrist.apparently the prob is they cant get enough operating slots. so the wait goes on and i not stopped crying yet.somebody please cheer me up ta x x x:needhug::cry:

Sorry to hear about this - I thought the 18 week rule did not apply to wls? Having said this, the extra surgeons at St Richards are doing ops and taking on the backlog to get it tackled ASAP. Hope you hear soon - I know waiting is hard, but at least you know you will be in great hands.

I think they are doing their best, but with only so many surgeons, so many operating slots, they can only do so many surgeries. Demand for wls far exceeds supply - you will get there.

Good luck - I am sure you wil hear soon.
x

Sorry to hear about this - I thought the 18 week rule did not apply to wls? Having said this, the extra surgeons at St Richards are doing ops and taking on the backlog to get it tackled ASAP. Hope you hear soon - I know waiting is hard, but at least you know you will be in great hands.

I think they are doing their best, but with only so many surgeons, so many operating slots, they can only do so many surgeries. Demand for wls far exceeds supply - you will get there.

Good luck - I am sure you wil hear soon.
x
apparently it does never sure who to believe,are you sure the new surgeons are operating as she was sure they werent .sorry for whingeing i know your right x:confused::confused:

Sorry to hear you are not having a good day. I know the waiting is awful but I am sure you will have it done soon. Just think by Autumn you could be on your way to a slimmer you. If you need to talk you know where we are, take care and good luck. ((hugs))

From what I know there are at least 3 of the surgeons doing ops now - Shaw Somers, Guy Slater and Tim John. There are about 3 or 4 others and I have been told that some of them are coming on line to do surgery as well.

I know it's hard to wait - but your time will come. There is nothing you can do, and getting stressed will make the wait even harder. Just try to see the positives and know that you will be seen just as soon as they can see you.

From what I know there are at least 3 of the surgeons doing ops now - Shaw Somers, Guy Slater and Tim John. There are about 3 or 4 others and I have been told that some of them are coming on line to do surgery as well.

I know it's hard to wait - but your time will come. There is nothing you can do, and getting stressed will make the wait even harder. Just try to see the positives and know that you will be seen just as soon as they can see you.
yep i know your right and i am trying just dont seem to be to clever at kicking off the stress .think family may kill me before i get my date lol thank god ive got llof you:grouphugg::sign0168:

Hang in there Debs........I know the waiting is frustrating but at least you are in the front of the queue now and not right at the back with the door in front of you locked and a sign saying closed until further notice! Thanks for the private message - will reply soon. Take care. Julie x

hi Debbie
i am right there with you 13 months for me and it is so frustrating everyone seems to be getting there date except us:cry:
I think if you live out side of chichester pct you are on a different list so thats why we are having to weight so long.
So unfair when they still get money from our pct.
Enough now i could whinge for hampshire:rolleyes:
speak soon

love julie x

Hi

Im sorry you are having to wait such along time, its awful the waiting I have been very lucky it has only taken 6 months from seeing my GP to my operation date!!

I have put a thread on about the 18 week rule hope this helps , the best advice I can give you is to telephone the consultants secretary twice a week to chase things up.

Hope all comes together soon for you

Helen xxxxx

I have been waiting just over 12 months from being referred by my GP to a weight management course which lasted 6 months. I have been told it will be done in Auguest - September I am just crossing my fingers it will be.
I just cant wait and I hate waiting
Hope you hear soon x

I'm staggered how quickly this momentous decision gets turned around! 6 months! Didn't you feel rushed?

I've been 4 years what with one thing and another, doen't sound like it's gonna take you anywhere near that long. It'll be gone in no time at all. Try and have fun. Time flies when you're having fun

I know it is so easy to say but hang on in there Debs, it will all be so worth it in the end hun.

hi debbie are you deffo on "active" list at st richards and did they say it 18 weeks from then that is so unfair if that is true i suppose they are going to say mine was from when i saw the anaesitist which was only 2 weeks ago now i am really really depressed deffo gonna speak to gp thursday its so unfair init:mad:
there has got to be another way of doing things people talk about PALs do you know who they are?

love julie x

yep thats what they said.i called pals yesterday there number is on st richards website you give them hell go girl good luck.also call your pct they not happy with the wait as they got money x x x

I don't think they are deliberately trying to evade the 18 week rule, and I am sure they will do your op just as soon as your name comes to the top of the list. What more can they do? Cancel someone else's surgery?

I know waiting is hard, but how is complaining going to make a difference? From what I have seen (and experienced), they are doing their best...

I am sure you will be seen soon. Good luck.

sometimes a good moan ad a cry helps an i thought this forum was for us to voice what is going on in our heads an hearts an not be judged

Back