• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My appt at St Richards

Spikeyjaycee

Hi guys. Just letting you know how I got on yesterday with the dietician/anathatist.
My appt was at 11am but due to having to travel by British Rail, we got there at 10.30am. There were 2 other ladies waiting already. The button on my pinefore dress came off so hubby and I spent some time trying to sew it back on without taking it off which cause great hilarity!! Quite afew more ladies (and 1 gent) came in whilst we were waiting. I have to say, the organisation of the appts was a bit lacking. There was a lady got there just before I did and she didn't get seen till 11.30 (I was shortly after her) and the room was filling up quickly. Some were there for various appts including a clinic I think, Also some pre-ops. There were quite a few 'offical' looking staff members but don't know who they were. I eventually got called in at 11.30 (so much for being on time!) and saw who I think was the lead dietician lady, who asked me questions about my eating habits, how I viewed food, my downfalls etc, what research I had done into the operation. She gave me and hubby some guidelines on what to do between now and the next appointment when I would see the psychologist and the dietician (eh???) and told me not to try and lose weight (or put on) but to maintain my current weight and have the occasional treat. She also said it would probably be another 4 MONTHS before the op itself!!!!
I then went back into the waiting room and shortly afterwards got called in to see the anathatist - a really nice guy. He asked about my general health, how far I could walk, my blood pressure, neck problems, looked in my mouth and told me I had hugh tonsils!!, asked if I'd had anathestic before, was I allergic to anything. He wss satisifed I was ok for surgery and he would approve it. Interestingly he said it was a shame we wouldn't do all the appts for dietican, anathatists, psychologists etc on the same day, save having to keep going there - good point - would save a lot of faffing!
We were out of there by 12.15 and by that time there were a lot of people coming and going. If anyone was there around that time and comes on this website, say hello and I will try to place you.
So, the next appt is with the psychologists and the dietician and then who knows. I don't think the '18 week' rule can apply in WLS terms cos it was end of April I first saw Mr Slater and that would mean the op would have to be done by mid September? Oh well, at least things are moving.
If anyone has any questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

serenitylove

i saw mr somers last march and had my op in the sept but i saw dieticitian anithsatist and had blood done preop i never saw a pyhc i was told once you have funding approved it takes 5 months to actually get the money to the clinic once they have it you get op, clinics there always busy the loxwood bit is alot bigger than other bit it was in tho x and good luck i hope you dont have too long a wait

tubbyspud

i saw mr somers last march and had my op in the sept but i saw dieticitian anithsatist and had blood done preop i never saw a pyhc i was told once you have funding approved it takes 5 months to actually get the money to the clinic once they have it you get op, clinics there always busy the loxwood bit is alot bigger than other bit it was in tho x and good luck i hope you dont have too long a wait
i was the same, had pre op stuff all done same day as already had the call with my date.JUlie i have been lead to believe the 18 wk rule does not apply to bariatric's so i would'nt think about it. I am aware that everything to do with clinics is very different to how it was when i was referred. My follow ups have been on a Wednesday and it's really quiet then so maybe after your op you will have a quiet day. Good luck and hope all goes well for you, try as best as you can to be calm and patient, it will all happen soon i promise xx

Spikeyjaycee

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not worried about the wait anymore. I know it WILL happen and I'm using this time to prepare myself mentally as well as physically for the changes that will occur. I'm just aware that having come off the Reductil because of high blood pressure, I am now slipping back into bad habits and I really do not want to put the weight back on that I lost whilst on reductil (21 ilbs). Must get my hypnotherapy tapes back out me thinks....

debbiejane

glad it went well an hope your wait not to long xxx