• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another new face.

Shadaca

Hi there, another newbie, right at the start of the journey.

Delighted to find that my minimims login works here too!

So - the story so far... Last year I was talking with my gp, and we decided to give orlistat one last go before surgery, but to research then so I was ready. Since then I've moved house, so new pct and explaining the whole saga again. I'm about to register for a gp in herne hill, and we will take it from there.

Last year we were talking about a duodenal switch, Has anyone here had that? It all seems to be bands and bypasses.

:welcome2:Welcome Shadaca!

Your post was automatically moderated and I have approved it now.

Sorry about the delay.

Hi hun... Welcome... I can't help u with the switch thingy lol...I have no idea what that is.. But I'm sure someone will be about soon....

I'm 5 weeks post op after having a gastric wrap :)

Good Luck with getting a referral xx

Welcome, I am sure someone will be along soon who can help you :)

Hello and good luck! No idea about the duodenal switch im afraid! X

Hi and welcome :) From what I understand, the duodenal switch works in the same way as a roux en y. It's still bypass surgery and provides restriction and malabsorbtion. I think the difference is that the stomach is cut more like a sleeve than a pouch. I'm sure if you google it, it will be more help than me :)

Gosh, thank you all for making me feel so welcome! And mini, thank you for moderating me so kindly!

I'm kind of at the stage where I've run out of things google can tell me, so I know all about the differences, and that the pyloric valve is kept intact so there is less dumping. It just seems the right choice for me so far, but I'd love to talk to someone, as it doesn't seem like its often done.

Anyway, I've filled in all the forms to register in southwark, so that's the next step!

Welcome. Sorry can't answer bout switch but I had a sleeve. Love it!

Angiemason on here is a ds'er and there are a couple of others. Initially I wanted the DS but as my hospital refused to do one I ended up going with the bypass.

The switch is basically the same as bypass my husband had a restrictive sleeve with a duodenal switch its just what they do with the stomach that changes either sleeve or make it smaller xxx

Instinctively a sleeve feels better to me. Pyloric valves and all that.

The hospital I am with will not do the ds due to the large number of patient who end up with severe malabsorption problems and deficiencies. At least that's what I was told. They talked me around and I love love love my bypass:)

Hi I am new too, but I am totally confused about how to use this place :(
I have tried to make my own thread but cannot find it, I have answered in other threads again cannot find them. Can anyone help me out?
I am due to have a Gastric band fitted next week and am currently on pre op diet. I would love to chat with you all but am at a loss as how to use this fab forum :(
I tried making one of those ticker bars but cannot even access my own profile to see what it looks like. I feel like such a muppet and would love just to praticipate and chat, give and recieve some encouragement, advice, support etc. HELP ME PLEASE....
Thanks
Bella'sband

oh Bella - big hugs...

let me PM you and show you around.

The big button that is useful is the USER CP in the top left corner. Click on that and you'll be away.

:) Thanks Shadaca,

But I have already used the User CP button over and over and still nothing shows up. As you can see on my side bar it does not give my weight etc even though I have entered that information. I made a ticker but now it rejects my password :cry:
Oh well I guess I will just have to keep bashing away at it in the hopes I catch on.
I see you are pre op too. How are you finding it? Is your surgery soon?
Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it.
;) Bella'sband.

Me again,

I have just gone to User CP to enter weight etc again and when I click save changes it says,
"You did not enter the correct format for the Height field. Please read the field description for the expected format."
Help anyone :S

Back