• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yay me!

Dandelions

Ok so I've lost over five stone in six months which is great, but the reason I went through with the surgery wasn't all about weight loss - my main goal was to get off the diabetic register which is actually really difficult. Sarah, (my surgery nurse) told me there's a 'resolved' button which gave me the will and determination to continue.

Had a fasting glucose test on Monday to see if I'm still diabetic. Last night the doc pressed the 'resolved' button on my notes. I'm dead proud of that. Not even my family get what a biggie this is for me.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about was that the first reading (pre lucozade) was 4.8 and the second reading after 2 hours was 1.6. Anyone in the know understand how that could happen? My gp thinks its because my pancreas worked really hard to eliminate the sugar but I'm just a mere patient and there's probably a better explanation.

Oh and the lucozade has seriously messed up my balance and my gut this week. I did say I thought there must be an alternative way of doing it but the practice nurse thought not......

odd one im a newly diagnosed diabetic well couple months i have to take metformin as my levels are way out there my last Hba1C was 84 and fasting was 13.8 really hope the bypass helps me lower them

hi princess4d4
all my levels dropped rapidly after my bypass so was taken off metformin almost immediately. the weight loss has really helped and tho its been a bit of a battle, i was fortunate that my gp understood and has helped me.

hope it works for you too. just the fear of dumping stopped me from going off the straight n narrow. i do a sort of opposite dump but never had what is described here by many.

i already have something similar to dumping as have bowel issues they cant find a cause for and when that hits its just like they describe the dumping sorry for the tmi

Back