• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, newbie here

Good luck Steve and Congratulations

It's really normal to worry I have a 5 month old daughter and was terrified I would not wake up after the op but what terrified me even more was dying from something like a heart attack which I could have prevented. The chances of anything happening are extremely slim and think of what your future will hold :)

Take care x

Makes sense, can you answer a question please?
I went to the psych appointment and I was passed for surgery no problem, I had already secured funding before going, the dr said that I will be having my consultation / presentation on the 20th sept and it will be 18 weeks from my first appointment with her until surgery, is this right?

Sorry Steve I've no idea as I went private as I live abroad but I'm sure one of the others will be able to help you x

Hello and welcome and congrats on ur funding in place. Im just at the start of my journey too you seem to be on the fast track route which is great for you. My 1st consultation is 29th Oct but im not expecting a surgery date for atleast 12mths from there lol. Good Luck

Hi Steve welcome to the group, I had a gastric sleeve 17th October last year at Salford Royal by the fantastic Mr Amouri, he is so good, I have lost 6 stone 10 to date and love my new life. I was on my own with Alice who is 7 and was the worst thing have ever done leaving her to go to surgery, but its the best thing I have done, and she benefits from it as I can do so much now with her, I dont have a cpap machine now either. If you need any info or advice let me know, am back at Salford in October for a year check up. Where in Wales are you, I am in North Wales xx

That sounds great, I am originally from wrexham but now live just south of Oswestry. I go on Thursday to meet the teams :)

Oh great are you seeing the consultant on thursday, they will suggest what surgery they think is best for you, I was down for a bypass but due to medication I was recommended to have the sleeve x

Well, I had a seminar and consultant chat today at the Salford Royal. All agreed that a bypass would be the suitable option, went to Pre op and done all the test and gave bloods etc, I have been told that I should have my surgery in 2 months :) I was told that prof ammori is doing the op, which I was glad to hear. So, diet starts ! ;)

Sophies_dad said:
Well, I had a seminar and consultant chat today at the Salford Royal. All agreed that a bypass would be the suitable option, went to Pre op and done all the test and gave bloods etc, I have been told that I should have my surgery in 2 months :) I was told that prof ammori is doing the op, which I was glad to hear. So, diet starts ! ;)

Great news! Keep us posted - Prof is lovely - have a bit of a crush if truth be known :)

Sophies_dad said:
Did you have a bypass? I can assure you I won't have a crush on him lol

Lol No I had a plication (wrap) in the end. I was struggling with the potential malabsorption issues of a bypass, which was initially agreed as a good option, so decided it wasn't right for me in the end. Prof is only one of a couple of surgeons doing the plication in the UK and he'd only done a few procedures before, but I trusted him! As its fairly new there's not a huge amount of data but I read everything I could find and it should give similar results to the sleeve, without removing a large percentage of an otherwise healthy organ (which I also struggled with!) I am happy to lose the weight more slowly than a bypass as I've no other health issues - 3 weeks post op tomorrow 18 pounds down and feeling great. It's all personal choice at the end of the day, but I'm happy with mine so far!

Back