• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

another stupid question from me!!

Raynebubble

Hi this is gonna sound like im really divvy!!

in the evening ie about 9.30 i have a milky hot chocolate.

If i was to have some low sugar angel delight instead... obv made with the milk i would of used for my hot choc. do i need to stop drinkng half hour before and after as if it was a meal?

its not stupid question but i dont know the answer, what i want to say is share the angel delight with me please haha xx

Just do it!! :D I would say dont drink for a bit afterwards, to allow at least a bit of the protein in the milk to be absorbed, but hopefully by this time of night you will have had enough protein for the day, so any more would be a bonus.

i dont stop drinking my squash before or after my hot choc... am i meant to??

a question is never stupid....its having the balls to ask it, cause i bet theres loads of people that wouldnt....

youll only learn if you ask :D x

*ps i dont know the answer...lol

It's best to do both Rayne, leaving a gap before means you have more room in your pouch for proper food, and leaving a gap afterwards means you don't wash all the food away too fast, without giving your pouch a chance to absorb maximum nutrients from the food you have just had. So best to do both, but dont get so hung up about it on something like angel delight - just make sure you get all your meat/fish/cheese/eggs/nuts or whatever protein you choose into your system without drinking afterwards. :D

Haha louise, you can have as milk shake mix too xx

I do stick to the no drinking 30 min before and 30 mins after, i am actually quite strict about that and will keep rack of the time.. but what i need to know is.... to get my calcium in and ectra protein i have a milky/marvel hot choc in the evening... do i need to stop drinking my squash/tea 30 mins before and after... as some people tell me that milky drinks are fluids?

I've been told no drinking 30 mins before & 60 mins after and I'm really struggling to fit all of the water & food in each day. I was feeling dehydrated & went to Boots realised rehydrating salts are just sugar. Eeek.
Must try harder. I think the hot choc should help tho hun. Thank you!!
xx

Fluids, even milk will pass straight through your pouch so drinking soon after would not I suspect have a great effect. It might push the milk through your intestine quicker and might lead to fat dumping rather than sugar dumping but for a definitive answer speak to your NUT.

The angel delight is a slider food and will pass very quickly through your pouch, if you drink soon after this it will be washed completely through very quickly. What effect this would have on the absorption of the milk protein and calcium is a question for a nutritional scientist LOL

I'm on stage 2 and was wondering if any of you kind lovely people could suggest anything else I could be eating other than weetabix, muller light, homemade soup & mashed potato with no butter. I'm getting a little bored lol and had a massive rush of excitement at the prospect of hot choc. Who knows what else is out there lol.
xx

I'm on stage 2 and was wondering if any of you kind lovely people could suggest anything else I could be eating other than weetabix, muller light, homemade soup & mashed potato with no butter. I'm getting a little bored lol and had a massive rush of excitement at the prospect of hot choc. Who knows what else is out there lol.
xx

I used to mix a little oxo with the mashed potato, it really made it taste so much better.

xx

I put four aunt bessies mash portions and two cod in parsley sauce sachets through the blender with a bit of milk to thin it out, it's lurrrrrvely!! Don't eat it all in one go though obviously, I divided it up into several ramekins each containing 60ml which is 4 level tbsps.

H xx

A stupid question from me lol....
Which hot choc do you have and how do you make it eg ratio of milk/water & how to you make your angel delight eg is it low fat or normal & what type of milk.
Thank you!!!
xx

I've only tried options so far. I always make mine with skimmed milk and no water, it was fine on the liquid diet with it but it didn't agree with me last night for some reason, try it and see I guess :) As for angel delight, make sure you buy the no added sugar one, again I make mine with skimmed milk, I'm guessing some people might use semi-skimmed but I don't like it as I've always had skimmed.

H xx

Louise1 said:
A stupid question from me lol....
Which hot choc do you have and how do you make it eg ratio of milk/water & how to you make your angel delight eg is it low fat or normal & what type of milk.
Thank you!!!
xx

Hi Louise I've been having them chocolate brownies and banoffie ones from options add a little milk to thicken up also I looked at the low fat version of angel delight and asdas own make was less cals and fat. Think with a bypass it's just going to be hit and miss with what makes you dump. X

Hot choc is ww or options made with water n angel delight low fat made wiv ss milk well that's wot I use lol others may be diff hun x

Back