• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Glenville's special weekend

Glenville

Hello peeps, just thought I would let you know how my special weekend went.

Sue arrived Friday evening and we started the weekend off with a visit to mu local Indian. That was lovely and probably only the second Indian meal I've had since my op. Struggled a bit with the quantities, and that tended to be the way the weekend went generally. I am amazed that over 12 months out and I still have quite a bit of restriction. Long may it continue!

Saturday morning and Sue insisted on going to a local nail bar to get a full set of extensions, she was obviously wanting to be able to show off the ring that she was hoping to get... ;) While in there we could see the snow starting to fall. We had a trudge back home in the blizzard. Left home at about noon and then was standing at the bus-stop for about an hour! 1 bus went passed but didn't stop as it was chocker. Eventually a taxi appeared so I hailed it and took that to the tube station. Major delays on the tube due to line problems. Eventually made it to the hotel at 3pm, a journey that would normally take about 1 hour. Checked into the Grosvenor and took a wander to try and get some lunch. Popped into a Pret a Manger for a toastie, and yes, struggled with it. Having horrible thoughts about whether I was going to do our special evening meal justice...:confused:

Anyway, took it easy and prepared for out trip out in the evening, left the hotel early and got a taxi to the Hilton. Lift to the 28th floor, which stopped every few floors much to Sue's displeasure - she doesn't like lifts. We started our bottle of champagne in the bar and had a smashing table next to the window looking out over London. Half an our later we were told our table was ready and we were so pleased to have another window table looking out over Hyde Park with the Christmas fair going on. After ordering our food I presented Sue with the engagement ring. You should have seen her face light up! She was so pleased with it! She then surprised me by giving me a ring too. Titanium with a very touching engraving.

I had scallops with caviar in a lovely sauce as a starter and Sue had the frois Gras. So well presented. For mains we both had veal which was still pink and melt in the mouth, with truffles. Dessert we both had a hot banana, chocolate and hazelnut souffle with a scoop of dark chocolate ice-cream. It was all so scummy! We had coffees and they presented us with a plate with hand made chocolate truffles. The plate had choc sprinkles and "Congratulations" piped on it. We both agreed that it was the best meal we had ever had, and vowed to go back some time. That was the one meal over the whole weekend that my restriction didn't kick in. :D

On leaving the Hilton we went back to the hotel and had an early night. ;)

Sunday morning we had breakfast - full english buffet, restriction back again, but managed to sample a bit of everything. We then went on to Harrods, took a quick look round and then went onto Covent Garden. Had a mooch and bought 1 or 2 more Christmas presents before going back to the hotel to have a quick cup of tea and pick up our bags. I then took Sue to Kings Cross for her to catch her train home, only to find that all trains going up the East Coast were cancelled! :cry: Oh well, nothing for it but take Sue back to my place for a bonus night :D.

Managed to see that trains were running again this morning so dropped Sue off at the tube station on my way to work. She is now on a train going north.

All in all, a very memorable weekend. Some good, some not so good, but one we will never forget.

Just a few more days until I go north again for Christmas.

xx

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 67
Thank you so much for sharing... xxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN AND SUE....

What a lovely read... felt as though I were with you over the weekend...

Truly special in every sense of the word and what a weekend to remember and for the weather.

Love you both very much, looking forward to seeing you in Llandudno and every good wish in every way to you both, you are very Special to me indeed.

:love047::love047::love047::love047::love047::love047:

hey sweets sounds magical!! congrats xxx

How fantasic john sounds like the perfect weekend x congratulations to you both x x

Chuff me John you brought a tear to my eye and not even Bambi's mum getting the good news could do that LOL :D

What a smashing account of a magical weekend. It fills my swinging brick (Where my heart should be LOL) with joy to read how happy you and Sue are mate, though personally I'd have liked a bit more detail of the early night bit.......just kidding honest :D

Its simply wonderful that you are so happy together, I hope you have the fantastic life you both truly deserve together.

Merry Christmas John, I don't need to wish you a happy new year, you've made a great start on sorting that already my friend

Sniff.........sob.......where did I put that box of Kleenex

Thanks ladies and gents for your comments. Karl, The early night really was that! We were so pooped and stuffed that it wasn't long before the Zzzzs were arriving. Linzi, I really was fit to burst, in more ways than one!

I should have pointed out that the hotel room and meal were a birthday present to Sue from her Mum, Sister and daughter. This was before they even knew about the engagement. Although we did push the boat out a bit further than had been planned. xx

Aww John, what a lovely post ! You and Sue look so happy together and surely the extra night was meant to be ? :cool: I'm so happy for you xx

Thanks Rose, yes I was very happy to have the extra night, but wasn't too happy about leaving Sue to make her own way to Kings Cross. Anyway, she managed to get a seat on a train and it is only running about 50 minutes late.
xx

Aww John you did it to me again!! I have filled up reading your account of a magical and wonderful weekend in London. Its a beautiful memory for you to both treasure forever. Im so pleased for you and you look truly happy both of you ((HUGS)) To you both and a Merry Christmas to you both too! :D XX

Thanks Jacqui. I was welling up just typing it, and I knew what was coming...:D

Forgot to add a picture of the ring. Should be attached here. Ignore the hairy fingers (they are mine). It was a pic I took when I received it so I could show Sue. xx

Attachments

• IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 27
Back