• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another sych update from me...

novamay

Born Free
I saw the psychologist yesterday. It was a very short session and he said he's happy for me to have the balloon procedure to see how I would cope (or not) with restriction before I consider the more permanent bypass op.

To say I was thrilled was an understatement! I feel that the sessions have helped me start to understand how I use food - as a coping mechanism - and I'm working on getting my head around to the fact that there are other ways of coping without resorting to food. Hopefully the 6 months with the balloon will help with this and any weight loss will encourage me to keep at it.

If at the end of the 6 months I haven't lost weight then I will need to continue the counselling to see where I can go next.

If I have lost weight and am managing to 'cope' with the restriction/less food, then I can consider going it alone without the bypass or having the bypass.

Just a matter of waiting for the endoscopy - fingers crossed this will go well.... and they can insert the balloon at the same time.

Thanks Mazza - I'm hoping Santa will bring me my balloon for christmas!

Hope so too. What a nice Christmas present :)

Great news Nova well done! All the best for you xxx

Back