• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Well you know I would never have believed it myself, but this tool I've got I have to use to the best of my ability!!!

I'm sure you'll do very very well!! Do keep us informed on your progress!! X

Hi... I've been reading this thread for the last few days. I just got the Spatz adjustable balloon inserted 3 days ago. Day 2 was awful but today is much better. Managed some milk and Jello. Plus I'm down 2.3 kilos!!!!

Hi neisie,

Well done in having your balloon fitted. Mine goes in at the end of the month. The say the first week is the worse so you have got 3 days done already. Hope you are feeling brighter soon. Keep us posted in how you are doing
K xx

Hi Kismet, are you nervous? I found out about the balloon about three weeks ago and jumped right in... luckily I have a super supportive hubby, he even empties my bucket after I've been sick. Living off of watered down Apple juice and managed a bit of milk today and a Yakult. I'm so nervous about going onto puréed food but that's not for 4 more days so hopefully I'll have less stress about it by then. I hate, hate, hate getting sick so hopefully I'll never be tempted to push the boundaries of the balloon.

Lots of mixed emotion at the mo......excited, nervous all rolled into one!
Took a while to get everything sorted. Hubby not keen to start with then had a complete u turn and told me to go for it. So here I am just over 2 weeks to go. Not looking forward to feeling sick (or being sick). Not sure he would empty my bowl, will probably be banished to the spare room! All I keep thinking is this is the start of getting myself to where I want to be, will never be a size 10 just want to be a healthy weight and feel comfortable in my skin.

Size 10 is tiny (UK sizes I assume)! If I get back into a UK 14, I'll be happy. I'm a fat 18 right now and only wear stretchy clothes :(

The cramping has been awful but I slept through the night last night so that was great! I might try some yogurt today, fingers crossed. I should probably stop weighing myself though, only down 2.5 kilos and I feel like it should be at least double that by now :(

I'd be super happy with a size 14! I'm on day 4, cramping is awful but sleeping well and haven't been sick so that's great. I'm down 2.5 kilos and even though I know that's awesome I feel like it should be double; I haven't eaten in 6 days! I think I'm going to have the hubby hide the scale! Going to try yogurt today, fingers crossed!

I want to lose about 4 stones as well, I'm a UK 18 right now and I'm not happy. Was super active my whole life then I moved to the Middle East and outdoor activities became non-existent... Pair that with PCOS and my weight went way up and try as I may, it's not going down :(

Today was good. Yogurt went down, then back up, but I managed some cottage cheese earlier. I'm feeling better but I look preggo, my belly is so bloated and I can't pull it in.

Overall I'm really happy so far, and my first Doc appm't is on Sat (7 day mark) so hopefully I'll have a good weigh in and can move on to mushy food (I loooooove guacamole)!

I'm also going on vacation on Nov 6th so a bit stressed about flying with the balloon. Going to get a note from the Doc to prove the balloon in my belly isn't filled with drugs :p

Pcos is a horrid condition my sister has it and she finds it so difficult to loose weight.
You made me giggle with the letter for the airport when you go on holiday. I never thought of that. Not planning any holidays till mines out

Yeah, the PCOS is awful. Whenever I used to gain weight I'd drop out carbs and increase cardio - within a month I'd be back to normal. The last two years haven't been the same and I went to the doctor out of sheer desperation and was diagnosed with PCOS. I've managed my weight since the diagnosis but haven't been able to get it down :( Hopefully this is the start of a new era! It seems as I'm losing about .2~.3 kilos per day which I hope stays at this rate. Though today I'm actually a bit hungry...

When is your insertion date? Are you on a pre-op diet or just 24 hours of liquids beforehand?

Hi neisie,
Sorry for the delay. I am having mine put in Thursday (week today). No pre diet. Liquid diet for a week post balloon which I think is standard. Spoken to dietician & nurse so all systems go

How has your week gone. Has everything settled. How is the weight loss
Kx

Hi neisie, Sorry for the delay. I am having mine put in Thursday (week today). No pre diet. Liquid diet for a week post balloon which I think is standard. Spoken to dietician & nurse so all systems go How has your week gone. Has everything settled. How is the weight loss Kx

Hi Kismet,

You must be soooo excited!!!! I did a liquid diet after for 5 days and then had real food :) I'm doing good. Met with my dietitian today and I'm down 5.5 kilos (12.1 lbs) so I'm pretty happy :) I feel great, working out (5k race on Sat), no acid indigestion, sleeping well... The biggest hurdle is mentally, overcoming my addiction to food.

I started a new thread on the Other WLS procedures forum; there's two other people who are getting banded in the next 2 weeks so there will be 4 of us to chat about all our excess burps and farts ;)

It's incredible. I've burped more in the last two weeks than in the 33 years prior! My dogs bark at me when I break wind; apparently they are not impressed - though neither is my husband ;) Absolutely insane gas... It's like there's a demon inside of me!

It's incredible. I've burped more in the last two weeks than in the 33 years prior! My dogs bark at me when I break wind; apparently they are not impressed - though neither is my husband ;) Absolutely insane gas... It's like there's a demon inside of me!

Unfortunately I never lost the burps for the whole time I had the balloon.
I would wake up.. Sit up at the edge of the bed and burp for a full minute or so. Not little quiet lady like ones either but the full on good old rifty rauches ones! :eek:

Back