• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another weird one ;)

also my now 8 year old wraps her arms around me and says mummy my arms reach all the way around you with room to spare. it makes me feel so proud! x

what a moving experience this must have been

I just though of another one...i bumped into my 5 yr old grandson and apologised to him, to which he replied 'its okay nanny i like bouncing of you' !!!

I went to the family planning clinic to have the contaceptive implant fitted after years on the pill and depo provera injection.
The female doctor asked what weight i was for my notes and when I told her she said "oh well you should never have been on the pill having so much body fat".
I was mortified, I am due to have my implant removed and am dreading it in case they ask my weight again.

For me it has also been a combination of things, the shortness of breath, inability to do the walking i used to, hating shopping for clothing because it would mean traipsing around crowded shops getting even hotter and sweatier then normal.

The final straw was the increase in my thyroxine levels for an underactive thyroid to a level that is over over 200mcgs per day..
at this point i knew i had to do something about my weight, improving my thyroid levels, and other medical problems

I was thinking today about this again and thought of another one, probably the worst one that has happened to me and again it was to do with my holiday in Iran in March 08.

Being a 3rd world country things are not as developed as we are here and I was mortified to go to the loo after having just arrived at my husband's aunties house where we were going to be staying for a few days before we were moving to another area and staying with another relative. There was no toilet!! Just a hole in the ground, don't get me wrong, being from an Arab country we have them everywhere but its been about 17 years since I used one and probably 15 stone heavier. What a task it was, had to remove all of my bottom half clothing, try to position myself over the hole and squat down to do my business... god knows how I did it, I get thinking my legs were going to give way and I was going to fall down the hole. There was n't even anything to hold onto .. I had to go though this for nearly 2 weeks and really it was just the most horrendous experience and again there is no way I'd put myself in this position again till I could manage that comfortably. Urggghhh the stress it caused. :mad:

Lol i'm sorry that must of been awful..but it made me giggle Alia. Sorry again. x

Lol i'm sorry that must of been awful..but it made me giggle Alia. Sorry again. x

lool waynetta it was horrendous at the time but even I find it very amusing now... I am so greatful there was n't a mirror opposite me as I really don't want to know what I looked like at that particular time lool

Back