• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Dudley

Gem92

Hi all

I live in Sandwell but my GP is in Dudley as we’re right on the border.
had a phone call with GP last night about my weight and he is writing a referral with recommendation for surgery as he said I meet the criteria.

I’ve had years of SW/WW, medication, fitness and group support prior to this referral being sent.

My question is what happens next? Has anyone had surgery through Dudley and knows what to expect. I’ve been sent for bloods to go alongside my referral but I’m very apprehensive about what the next steps are!

Any advice would be appreciated x

update. I was referred to New Cross hospital but they don’t deal with surgery so they sent it across to University of North Midlands Hospital who have written to me to say that because of covid I am down for an appointment but they can’t tell me when that it yet because there is a long waiting list.
I’m contemplating going private as I don’t want to be waiting years for this to be done.
Any advice or support would be welcome!

Had my first appointment today with the bariatric nurse. Been told I’ve moved onto the next stage. Will have an appointment come through to see the surgeon/doctor/dietician all on the same day. If they are happy can go on to the waiting list. Current wait is up to 2 years but because I don’t have any other medical issues the nurse said I should be seen sooner, assuming covid doesn’t halt surgeries again. Also been told they recommend the bypass and not the sleeve so I need to do a bit of research now as I assumed sleeve was the surgery of choice

Back