• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxiety reaching fever point!

Hi,

Had my sleeve done on 10th June, so can still remember how I felt after the op. First time ever for a stay in hospital so didn't really know what to expect, so went with a totally open mind and had a good time.

When I came round I can just about remember saying I was in a little bit of discomfort but cannot remember any pain now as that bits all a bit blurred, but they gave me a shot of morphine and that was the only time I needed any of that, even though they wrote a prescription up saying I could have it if needed. Afterwards was just dispersible paracetamol whilst I was in hospital, I never felt any pain so didn't know if I really needed it but decided not to refuse it just in case. They gave me some to take home and I never needed them either, haven't felt the need for any pain killers since. I don't do pain, total wimp as far as that goes so if I had any I would certainly have taken something but everything was totally fine.

The operation was a breeze and I was up walking about in my room drinking a cup of tea a few hours after coming back from recovery. Following day I was having a shower and walking about all day - totally pain free.

Two days after operation when I was allowed home the trapped wind started to come into effect. Have to admit this was the worst part of it all, lasted a good few days but did get better. Personally I don't think there is much you can do about it, many suggestions are made from teas, to wind relief tablets to waving your arms around like a windmill and everything in between but for me nothing worked and I just had to put up with it. Your body just has to absorb the gas used during surgery back into your system before it can exit your body in one of two ways (no further explanation needed) :eek:

Having the sleeve was the best thing I've done and would do it all again without any hesitation if I had to. Including my pre-op diet I've lost 72 lbs and feel brilliant for it.

All the very best for your op - don't worry about things and look forward to taking your seat on the losers bench.

AE.

Hi,

Had my sleeve done on 10th June, so can still remember how I felt after the op. First time ever for a stay in hospital so didn't really know what to expect, so went with a totally open mind and had a good time.

When I came round I can just about remember saying I was in a little bit of discomfort but cannot remember any pain now as that bits all a bit blurred, but they gave me a shot of morphine and that was the only time I needed any of that, even though they wrote a prescription up saying I could have it if needed. Afterwards was just dispersible paracetamol whilst I was in hospital, I never felt any pain so didn't know if I really needed it but decided not to refuse it just in case. They gave me some to take home and I never needed them either, haven't felt the need for any pain killers since. I don't do pain, total wimp as far as that goes so if I had any I would certainly have taken something but everything was totally fine.

The operation was a breeze and I was up walking about in my room drinking a cup of tea a few hours after coming back from recovery. Following day I was having a shower and walking about all day - totally pain free.

Two days after operation when I was allowed home the trapped wind started to come into effect. Have to admit this was the worst part of it all, lasted a good few days but did get better. Personally I don't think there is much you can do about it, many suggestions are made from teas, to wind relief tablets to waving your arms around like a windmill and everything in between but for me nothing worked and I just had to put up with it. Your body just has to absorb the gas used during surgery back into your system before it can exit your body in one of two ways (no further explanation needed) :eek:

Having the sleeve was the best thing I've done and would do it all again without any hesitation if I had to. Including my pre-op diet I've lost 72 lbs and feel brilliant for it.

All the very best for your op - don't worry about things and look forward to taking your seat on the losers bench.

AE.

Thanks for your message. It really helped. Feeling much more calm today. Sounds like your doing amazingly well. X

Hi,
Thanks for your message. It really helped. Feeling much more calm today. Sounds like your doing amazingly well. X
I'm glad I was able to help in some small way. Just relax and place yourself in the hands of your surgeon. Saw him on a TV programme recently and he looks like a very nice and highly competent surgeon. I'm sure you'll be fine and afterwards will be wondering why you got a bit hyped about it all. Look forward to the start of your new happy lighter life - it's well worth it all.

AE.

I have bought Tesco version of calpol sugar free orange flavour much cheaper than calpol

Sallibeth and Aurasharon I hate soluble parectemaol as well , think of you all x

Thanks Kimberley, shower and a relax in front of the fire for me tonight. Sallibeth good luck tomorrow. I'll message tomorrow night all being well. Tomorrow am will be a rush. Kids want to see me off before school (my mum is going to take them) I've got to be in at 07:30hrs good luck everyone else that is tomorrow and butterfly on Wednesday x

I had my bypass on the 29/10/13 and can honestly say I did not have any pain just a slight uncomfortable feeling when lying on my side to sleep for a couple of nights (which may have been the bed in hospital) no pain killers nor any wind pain. hopefully you sail through it as well :)

Hi Audra - it is just a normal human fear of the unknown and surgery itself is frightening - they shove drugs in you to knock you out!! I was petrified before mine (it ended up a band to sleeve conversion) however I have been amazed at the lack of pain; no wind pain either. I took painkillers the first few days as instructed but I really did not need them. You will be fine and sooooo glad you did this. Remember, it's the rest of your life.

Thanks for the message unfortunately I've been cancel just before going down first on list. They are not happy with my chest. Have to go back in about 3 weeks time :(

Thanks for the message unfortunately I've been cancel just before going down first on list. They are not happy with my chest. Have to go back in about 3 weeks time :(

I'm so sorry to read this. You must be gutted. I hope they sort out any issue with your chest and you are rescheduled ASAP xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am so sorry for u having your surgery cancelled so close to the op!!! Mine was also cancelled from the 25th nov, now rescheduled for 3rd jan, so roll on the new year!!! Hope you get a new date soon xxx

Going to take another course of AB's but I think its viral so hopefully should be gone by then what ever. Watch this space. X

Ok but can't help thinking could have been one day down now. Eating again is a bit strange! Sounds like your day had its ups and downs. It's a tricky one, only time will tell for you. Must be hard! You'll get there and hopefully that will be next week. X

Back